Metal Detecting
OP
OP
C

claypile

Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your responses. I appreciate them.

I am not yet vaccinated as I am hesitant about it, but I guess you're all right. I should get it soon to ease my mind. My problem is I listen to people. I am scared of the vaccine as someone told me I could die from it. That's why I kind of lost hope.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the Johnson and Johnson shot and had zero side effects . my girl friend drives school bus and has not got sick, yet the school is having out breaks . she got JJ same time as me and also zero side effects. in the end it's your choice and your life . good luck to you ,I hope you feel better soon.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am not yet vaccinated as I am hesitant about it, but I guess you're all right. I should get it soon to ease my mind. My problem is I listen to people. I am scared of the vaccine as someone told me I could die from it. That's why I kind of lost hope.

Here is a little reading for you. Please read it all. I took the Pfizer vaccine as soon as it became available to me and have not shown any adverse effects nor has anyone I know that took the shots. I go where I want to and do what I want to. And, as has been already stated TURN OFF THE NEWS! In closing I will add that when the Lord wants me there is nothing that I can nor want to do.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-26 at 18-13-18 COVID-19 Vaccination.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-26 at 18-13-18 COVID-19 Vaccination.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 60

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

202.5 million Americans have received at least one vaccine shot, 172 million are fully vaccinated. You could die driving to the grocery store, do you not go?

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I know of several people who have died of covid. I know of none who died from the vaccine. Just personal experience.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, now that Phizer is fully vetted by the government, if something happens to you now you can sue their arses off. No yet with the other two. I have almost all the allergies in the world. Had the J&J shot, It stung for about 30 seconds and that was it. Most of my friends have had a vaccine of one type or another, none had issues. On the other hand one person I knew died of covid, two got severely ill.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck to you buddy,always look on the bright side,you,re still on this side of the dirt and that,s a good thing.Find something to do that interests you and do that.I,m a bit of a loner any how so the isolation don,t bother me.I got the shots,wear a mask if it,s required and go where I want.I,m into gold recovery from e-waste so I,ve been separating out the gold plated stuff,I,m gonna do the iodine-iodide leach thing and see if I can get some real gold.Keeps me busy,if you,re busy you ain,t got time to be discombobulated.Hang in there!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We buried my unvaccinated brother in law today who spent a good month on a ventilator. He was the sole caregiver for his wife. Torn between being angry and sad. It didn't have to happen.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is unfortunate that people are still dying that did not get vaccinated .I wish your family well I know it is hard.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Connor McCloud, if you wish to remain keep politics out of posts, rules and moderation is not open for debate or discussion.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am so sorry for your loss. It is unfortunate that people are still dying that did not get vaccinated .I wish your family well I know it is hard.

Thank you Tn. After what he went through, his death was almost a blessing. The Drs. told us about a week before he passed that if he survived, he would likely be in a ventilator home. I guess they can keep you on a ventilator for the rest of your life in a care center. Not for me. There are fates worse than death with this. I have a coworker that got a mild case, no doctor visit even. She still cannot breathe well almost a year later. She WAS a super healthy gym rat. Ya'll be safe out there.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be thankful that you still live in a free country. Other countries that were free have changed real fast!
Better stop now before I use the "C" word that ends with "ism"
:BangHead:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Tn. After what he went through, his death was almost a blessing. The Drs. told us about a week before he passed that if he survived, he would likely be in a ventilator home. I guess they can keep you on a ventilator for the rest of your life in a care center. Not for me. There are fates worse than death with this. I have a coworker that got a mild case, no doctor visit even. She still cannot breathe well almost a year later. She WAS a super healthy gym rat. Ya'll be safe out there.

Very sorry for your loss, possible lung damage is the main reason I got the vaccine, I have chronic Bronchitis, tests and doctors say it's not copd as I have full lung capacity but still have cronic bronchitis, I did not want to take chance on severe lung damage.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Did you get vaxxed yet or are you still listening to "people"? Listen to yourself and read your post about your brother, Quote, "It didn't have to happen"

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get vaxxed yet or are you still listening to "people"? Listen to yourself and read your post about your brother, Quote, "It didn't have to happen"

the only person anyone should be listening to about getting a vaccine or not is first and foremost their doctor, and secondary their own research.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be thankful that you still live in a free country. Other countries that were free have changed real fast!
Better stop now before I use the "C" word that ends with "ism"
:BangHead:

Funny thing about "Freedom", for several centuries now, we've had to sacrifice and work hard to maintain it. Covid is no different, it takes a nation to come together and sacrifice and work hard to literally and figuratively keep our freedoms alive as death or disability from Covid can be be the ultimate robber of ones right to liberty and freedom.

From the medical community who busted their butts in record time to create, produce and distribute the vaccine to the health workers working day and night to keep alive those who've acquired covid and now it's our turn to do our small part, to distance and mask when around the vulnerable and to take the vaccine to not only protect ourselves and loved ones, but to relieve the enormous burden on our health care workers.

Remember, The Declaration of Independence, Constitution and Bill of Rights (and the resulting laws which maintain and govern our nation) don't just define our rights, they also lay a framework of our responsibilities as citizens to maintain them.

Last edited:

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I'm am fully vaxxed.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny thing about "Freedom", for several centuries now, we've had to sacrifice and work hard to maintain it. Covid is no different, it takes a nation to come together and sacrifice and work hard to literally and figuratively keep our freedoms alive as death or disability from Covid can be be the ultimate robber of ones right to liberty and freedom.

From the medical community who busted their butts in record time to create, produce and distribute the vaccine to the health workers working day and night to keep alive those who've acquired covid and now it's our turn to do our small part, to distance and mask when around the vulnerable and to take the vaccine to not only protect ourselves and loved ones, but to relieve the enormous burden on our health care workers.

I wish I could "like" that twice!

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
With the recent COVID-19 reports regarding vaccines, increased cases, and new variants, it's like things are worse. I have dealt with this on the onset and I was fine, until now I'm losing my desire to do stuff anymore. We're not going back to our normal lives anytime soon, right? :( I am so stressed that not even treasure hunting could take my mind off it. Help. Talk to me.

Hi claypile. Be careful but keep on living. I am a wheelchair driver since 1982. I stopped flying small airplanes but kept driving. I gave up metal detecting 2 years ago but took up coin-roll hunting. Don't let fear override wisdom.
Be well !!
Tom

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m a rational person with a science background and also a trained statistician. I spent much of my career in a research environment and was later involved in assessing clinical trial data (although not for vaccines). I know how important robust data with statistical analysis can be, and also how it can be manipulated to fulfil an agenda.

I made my choices about vaccination based on the evidence I saw and the consequent advice from the professionals. The drivers for me were:

- All of the leading vaccines which have gained approvals offer significant protection, with relatively small differences in effectiveness, with the exception of the Chinese-produced vaccine which uses a different technology with lower effectiveness.

- Protection is not absolute for anyone, and vaccines do not necessarily prevent infection. Their primary benefit is in reducing severity of symptoms and likelihood of hospitalisation or death for those who do get infected.

- The elderly and those with compromised immune systems are those who potentially get the greatest benefit.

- There is an association between vaccination and blood clots but it’s a rarely-seen side effect, although it can be fatal. Research published yesterday suggests that blood clots are also a symptom of Covid-19 itself and are significantly more likely to be triggered by the disease than by vaccination. That may not be surprising since, in laymen’s terms, what a vaccine does is to create a mild form of infection akin to the disease itself, for the purpose of stimulating your body to generate antibodies.

- The likelihood of blood clots appears to vary in different profiles of the population but there are no profiles where it has been established that any risk related to vaccination comes anywhere close to the risk of serious illness or death from Covid-19.

My sincere condolences to anyone who has lost loved ones through this disease, or suffered serious illness. For me vaccination was a no-brainer, but of course everyone needs to make their own decision… even if I strongly disagree with that decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions