am I the only african American that metal detects?

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not trying to be racist or make jokes but my girlfriend seems to think that I'm the only African American metal who Detects. Prove her wrong please...lol

Welcome nleet22!

I usually don't notice race, I was raised that people are like puppies and kittens, we come in all colors.

But, now that I think about it, I pretty much only see white people with detectors. And I've lived in a lot of diversified places.

.... skinny or heavy, too. Not many medium-sized folks either!

You'd think all the bending and scooping would whittle my middle -- but it has not. Sigh.

BTW -- you've got a couple of nice detectors there!

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dont know any who metal detect... hey if your having fun detecting, then who cares? Right.:skullflag: be the trailblazer!! HH!:occasion14:

Do what makes you happy. I am sure that there is more than one though. I bet somebody else on here will chime in as being non Caucasian.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On here, probably so based on most responses I've read regarding our "state of affairs" since 2008. Welcome aboard from GA!

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I watched a detecting video on youttube the other day, and it was a black guy. Just tried to find it, but couldn't.

I was detecting in a park last week, and one of the workers came over and was asking me about detecting, how much they cost, what I find, etc... Seemed interested in getting a detector, he happened to be black.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tell your girlfriend she is wrong. I have seen an older black man metal detecting more than once. I talked to him a cpl of times and he told me he has been detecting since the 90's. I have never hunted with him but we have exchanged different areas in which to hunt. I just think you're the only black man in Lancaster that metal detects...Just kidding of course. I am not sure about U-tube because i never watch U-tube but I am sure there are black people on u-tube as well and if not maybe you should do one and your claim to fame could be the 1st black man on u-tube...Again just kidding.

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She also points out how there's only white people in the youtube videos...lol nothing wrong with it..am I the tiger woods of metal detecting? Lol

Start up a youtube channel and make some videos then! I'm always looking for more people to watch!

GreenHat

Mar 3, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not trying to be racist or make jokes but my girlfriend seems to think that I'm the only African American who metal Detects. Prove her wrong please...lol

Of course not! That's ridiculous! There's at least ONE more out there somewhere!:thumbsup:
I don't judge a man by the color of his skin.. just the content of his finds bag!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread