am I the only african American that metal detects?

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Never seen any where i live in Northern Ireland, then again i could probably count on 1 hand how many different black folk i've seen living here until the last 10yrs, i think there's only one black family in my town.
I guess i was in my 30's before i ever met a black person, we had a lot of shooting/bombing etc in the 60'-70's-80's, not a lot of folk wanted to up sticks and emigrate to here back then lol, it's like we've been stuck in a 50yr time warp, a small backwater of intolerance against almost anything, gay's, immigrants, Muslim's etc etc
well thanks to previous "upper management" there is a bunch of non-detectors in SW MO now.....that's not political right?

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I actually have a black friend that I have been bowling on the same team with for almost 20 years now and he has been asking me a lot of questions about metal detecting and what I find. I have an extra detector and he goes out with me sometimes. We have a good time.

Reactions: ARC

relichound

Aug 25, 2004
Northern Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome Nleet22-

There are other African American treasure hunters besides yourself. This hobby transcends race/ethnic/tribal/socioeconomic/ class etc; what we ALL have in common is the love of history, recovering period coins and relics from the colonial past including the American Civil War and other relics from other global conflicts. Keep you coil to the soil friend! 😎

BH505Man

Nov 18, 2013
Granite Falls, WA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 6",11" coils, Teknetics T2SE,&T2 Classic, 5", CORS Fortune 5.5x9.5", 11", CORS Strike 12x13", 15"coils, Legacy 3500, 4", 8",10" & 11"DD coils, Lesche digging Knife, Lesche T Handle Shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not trying to be racist or make jokes but my girlfriend seems to think that I'm the only African American who metal Detects. Prove her wrong please...lol
I usually don't see many people of color while metal detecting. In fact I don't know anyone in my treasure hunting club who isn't white besides myself. I'm Asian (Japanese). Welcome to TreasureNet We're all brothers and sisters here.

SeekerProB

Nov 16, 2018
South East Alabama
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Began with Bounty Hunter, Now have AT Pro and AT Max.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not trying to be racist or make jokes but my girlfriend seems to think that I'm the only African American who metal Detects. Prove her wrong please...lol
Welcome and no you are not the only one. There is a you tube that I have seen but don't recall the name of the channel. There maybe FB pages that would be helpful for example History in the Dirt, they have a lot of members. Also, Zero Discimination, Gypsy Jewles, she has a you tube channel. Diggin with Deej, she has a weekly live youtube on Tuesdays at 5 eastern. Lots of channels are in her group and she highlights new channels.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you know how often thought the same thing there’s a black guy Metal Detect on YouTube very informative and I thought he was the only one. I would probably have to say you’re the second :-))) Now that that’s out the way are there any blind metal detectorist?

SeekerProB

Nov 16, 2018
South East Alabama
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Began with Bounty Hunter, Now have AT Pro and AT Max.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you know how often thought the same thing there’s a black guy Metal Detect on YouTube very informative and I thought he was the only one. I would probably have to say you’re the second :-))) Now that that’s out the way are there any blind metal detectorist?
Yes there is a blind detectorist. Has a youtube channel

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Great friend from the Island of St. Martin who Loves detecting and does some in Holland and at the Island He grew up on, quite a few Islanders detect, especially the tourist beaches after storms. He is Coming to Oregon to hunt with me. and another guy I know in Portland sells used Garret PI's From the African gold fields.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread