Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It actually warmed up enough yesterday to melt the ice and snow, well a lot of it. of course it came back before daylight this morning and refroze the melted stuff. the temps have crept back up enough to be about 35 again for a little while. the wife is a special needs teacher at the local high school and she has been off all week due to the weather and has moved all the furniture and other things too many times. I like watching the detecting videos and such but after a while, you just want to go do it. of course this is nothing new to a lot of you. when it does warm up, it will be a muddy mess. oh they are even calling for it to be fifty degrees by Tuesday, with more rain of course. on the positive side, we aren't digging out from all of the snow and even with our high heating bills, they aren't as high as others. in a few weeks, it will warm up for the most part around here, enough to get out and hunt even if you have to use hip waders for the wet mess. anyhow, can't imagine the cabin fever you all in the northeast are going thru but I hope it gets better for you.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
forgot something, can't you guys that can still hunt, find and post more stuff a little faster?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's 25°F outside and sunny. People are walking around without coats. We had 13 cold record days this month? And we beat them by 10 or 12 degrees; not just a little.

It's probably going to be May before the snow is gone and the ground is thawed to 10" deep.

I am sooo sick of cold. And snow.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to sway from the detecting videos here lately,they are to much of a tease.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
and I watched another two hours worth of detecting but it was strictly for educational purposes.... that's my story and I'm sticking to it

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It did make it to 35 today but not much melting went on, not enough for my liking anyhow.
The walls all have claw marks and I can't stand the sight of snow anymore!
I haven't been detecting since early December.
The only good thing...I haven't bit the mailman yet!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I guess the worst thing is the weight gain from doing nothing, I have created several new programs that I really want to try at one place and only have access to it one day a week. 35 degrees is a teaser, it melts the snow a little bit and then it freezes it at night. hopefully it will warm up enough for you to be able see the ground again.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
winter is CRHing time..in the frozen north ...that and time for doing RESEARCH...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kingston is on record for the coldest Feb. since the late 1800's and only a 1/2 degree off from being the coldest on record. 4" of fresh snow and only -8 with a 20-45 click wind to just take any sense of warmness away. Wife said today that winter doesn't bother her anymore since she stopped disliking it.:dontknow:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been watching detecting videos for years...and the reality is, they get boring very quick..lol When I used to watch them, there were only maybe 30-40 ppl that made them...now everyone and thier mother makes them.

But as mentioned....first time I couldnt hunt because of snow....i started Coin roll hunting...and its just as addicting

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
my wife is originally from New Hampshire, now older, she has become a winter wimp. she loves to see the snow, once a winter is her preference now and for it to be gone the next day or so. she bundles up when I have a T-shirt on. personally I have become a fair weather person myself. it is great to see those who are willing and able to get out there and break thru the ice hard ground to dig, I just am no longer one of those. it is hard enough doing it in the extreme heat of summer in the hard packed baked clay and rock.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
winter is CRHing time..in the frozen north ...that and time for doing RESEARCH...

Now there's only so much research one can do before it becomes difficult looking at all the sites marked out on the map and not being able to see them for the snow and ice. Then again last year March 10th we still had anywhere from 1-4ft of snow still laying around, so we still can be in this for another month.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a library card and some kind of tablet or e-reader, check your local library online to see if they have the Zinio magazine collection available. Mine does, and they have the current and past editions of over 200 magazines available to read for free online, everything from Newsweek to the National Enquirer.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kingston is on record for the coldest Feb. since the late 1800's and only a 1/2 degree off from being the coldest on record. 4" of fresh snow and only -8 with a 20-45 click wind to just take any sense of warmness away. Wife said today that winter doesn't bother her anymore since she stopped disliking it.:dontknow:

Pepperj................are you in Canada or NY? I know it's not Jamaica.

fmfdoc

Mar 14, 2014
Mc David, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't let the Cabin Fever get to ya. Think of something else to do, like, read a good book. Plan a trip (very detailed trip), and leave no item to chance! Even if there is no way to do it, PLAN the trip! Just keeping yourself busy, will get you past the maddening winter blahs, and set you up for a great spring outing with your favorite detector!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions