Amazing Historical Maps...FREE!

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this thread on the general discussion in illinois as well.

I don't know how many of you guys already know about this site, but it is very helpfull in identifying what exact businesses and estates were around back in the day in certain areas. These are "lot" or "plot" maps. So far, the best site I have found for research purposes

http://sanborn.umi.com/
username: Residence
password: Welcome

Let me know what you guys think, and if you find something of interest, I would be more than happy to check it out with you.

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thanks,
I have been trying for years to get into this site.
You made it happen for me.
Thanks and good hunting to yo partner.
Rob

Marvin

Dec 24, 2010
Western Burbs of Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you PM me I'll give you a user name and password. I don't want it posted here as then anyone can start using it and like all the others before, it will deactivate. If I share it with you I ask that you keep it off of any online forum posts. The access I have is only for Illinois. I recommend downloading the maps you want or might want and accessing them off your hard drive so we dont have a large number of logins with this user name. Again, it's only for the Illinois maps on Sanborn and I'd like to keep it within the user group here.

Thanks,
Chris

lifesvr525

Mar 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
H!!
Had seen this old post and was wondering about maps in the henry county area from that website.
I realize it is an old post but figured couldn't hurt to check.
Do you still have access?
Thanks for any help you can give.

Ggodby01

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2021
Blairsville, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT E-Series
If you PM me I'll give you a user name and password. I don't want it posted here as then anyone can start using it and like all the others before, it will deactivate. If I share it with you I ask that you keep it off of any online forum posts. The access I have is only for Illinois. I recommend downloading the maps you want or might want and accessing them off your hard drive so we dont have a large number of logins with this user name. Again, it's only for the Illinois maps on Sanborn and I'd like to keep it within the user group here.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris,
Thanks for the offer of getting the login info to the Sanborn Map Portal. I've been attempting for years to explore this site. Any further info that you can provide ( login info) would be highly appreciated.
Cheers!
Gary

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much for the link! I’ll be perusing these for hours!
You are Welcome Gary and Welcome to T Net! Hope you find some great places to detect!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread