Amazing rare WW2 UV light lamp designed to help wounded soldiers!

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I went up to my aunts house in Louisville, Ky over the weekend. Thought I would hit a few yard sales around the area. I wasn't doing too well until I ran across a small sale a little out of the way. I approached and seen this odd looking thing that appeared to be a lamp. Asked the man about it.

He claimed it was used in WW2. It was some kind of aparatus used to help cure wounded soldiers. Appearantly they onced believed that UV light can help heal a wound quicker. The brand is Sun Kraft. The manual is in rough shape but is original. It has a printed date of 1944. The case is origina as well.

I plugged it up and behold it works great! Even the timer at the bottom. The bulb reads Sun kraft as well. I am assuming everything is original. The man wouldn't budge a penny below $50.00 so I purchased it. I really like the piece. Any ideas on the value or the history behind it? I would certainly appreciate it.

Attachments

• old navy 129.jpg
    old navy 129.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 112
  • old navy 130.jpg
    old navy 130.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 119
  • old navy 131.jpg
    old navy 131.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 142
  • old navy 133.jpg
    old navy 133.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 128
  • old navy 134.jpg
    old navy 134.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 0
OP
OP
olekyground

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not trying to get off subject here but.. since I added the pics I was looking at them and noticed on the one where the light is out. There appears to be a weird looking full body fifgure there next to it. can anyone else see that or is it just me lol. for the last 15 minutes I have been trying to figure it out... weird huh>?

OP
OP
olekyground

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG. I found out what the figure is lol. ok sorry guys. back to the light :laughing7:

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can see an angry face in the grain of the wood to the left of the lamp, didn't see it till you said something.

OP
OP
olekyground

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know anything about this value wise? I would greatly appreciate it. thanks

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
Looks like a Mercury Vapor Lamp.

Cool find there.

UV Does in fact KILL Bacteria. ( Appearantly they onced believed that UV light can help heal a wound quicker.)

You can buy smaller units now to Sterilize your Cell phones and other objects.

Try some Rocks under it to see if they Fluoresce.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread