Amazing Seminole war relic hunt

history preserved

Mar 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey all. Been a while since I posted on here. So, a couple of weeks ago, my friend Britain and I gained permission to a property that I’ve been trying to get on for years. It’s on the site of an old second Seminole war fort (1830’s) that has never been hunted. It was incredible to say the least. In 3 hours between the 2 of us we dug 50 musket balls, 20 buttons, 2 flaming hat insignia pieces, and I dug an amazing plume holder. Check it out. Probably one of my favorite hunts of all time. Here’s my pile. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1554068486.225861.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1554068500.527617.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1554068529.893081.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1554068545.077104.jpg

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a GREAT place to have a chance to detect, I hope you are able to return, not having it a one day deal, and if it was only for the day?, Very nice stuff, the buttons! They made the day.

OP
OP
history preserved

history preserved

Mar 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a GREAT place to have a chance to detect, I hope you are able to return, not having it a one day deal, and if it was only for the day?, Very nice stuff, the buttons! They made the day.

Unfortunately it seems that it was a one day deal. Like I said, I’ve been trying to get on the property for years and the owner would just not let us until that one day for some reason. Tried going back and he said not today. I’ll let it settle for a couple months then try again.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go man that's some rare history you have there.congrats on a stellar hunt.

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a great spot and hope you can get back. I have lots of places that are that same way where I know there are untouched historical sites. The ones that make me most sick are the two Confederate virgin Winter Camps I know of and have drove by for years and not been able to get permission(the landowners told me no one else has asked to relic hunt and they've each owned the properties 40+ years), but I always hope someday I'll get on them. The landowners are in their 70's and 80's so there's still hope in a few years I can. :)

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way I'm voting banner on the Seminole war plume holder....how many Seminole war artifacts do you ever see ? I've never even seen a plume holder, much less from the Seminole war. Congrats again....my votes in !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bird feathers were a big trade item in the early years of Florida.

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just amazing! These are important pieces of your local history! Preserve them well!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing agreed really great post

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread