American & British coppers, Old Silver, 18th century buttons... an incredible hunt!

metaldiggr

Feb 13, 2015
South Central Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got an amazing new permission and had just an incredible hunt. I found the farm on one of my oldest maps, it's surrounded by some of the earliest farms in the area, all of which were built in the early to mid 1700's, this one was gone by 1915. Steve and I set out with a map drawn by the adjacent farm's owner who said he remembered his grandfather talking about the farm. I found the iron shortly after hitting the field, things really took off after that. Multiple British coppers, early Matron Largie, A heavily blacken Seated that I initially thought was a haf-cent - I was in shock when I saw something shining back at me. Even some 18th century buttons! What an amazing hunt! The best part, we had a total of about 3 hours in on this one. This fall, when the crops are down, we will be back for Part II!
If you're interested in seeing the finds:
KG3 1.jpg Tombac.jpg KG3 2.jpg Largie.jpg Seated.jpg

Upvote 25

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got an amazing new permission and had just an incredible hunt. I found the farm on one of my oldest maps, it's surrounded by some of the earliest farms in the area, all of which were built in the early to mid 1700's, this one was gone by 1915. Steve and I set out with a map drawn by the adjacent farm's owner who said he remembered his grandfather talking about the farm. I found the iron shortly after hitting the field, things really took off after that. Multiple British coppers, early Matron Largie, A heavily blacken Seated that I initially thought was a haf-cent - I was in shock when I saw something shining back at me. Even some 18th century buttons! What an amazing hunt! The best part, we had a total of about 3 hours in on this one. This fall, when the crops are down, we will be back for Part II!
View attachment 2029003 View attachment 2029002 View attachment 2029001 View attachment 2029000 View attachment 2028999

View attachment 2029003 View attachment 2029002 View attachment 2029001 View attachment 2029000 View attachment 2028999

Awesome!!!! Bucket Lister!!! Congrats!!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great old site, congrats on the coppers and the Seated quarter.
A soak in lemon juice and olive oil heated will lift that crust off.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are awesome finds! I really like the way you did the photos with the comparison examples, nice touch. Maybe others have done that, but first time I have seen it done.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quite the site you have there! Congrats for all those awesome early coins, especially the surprise Seated! GL on your next trip.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Now that’s a pocketful of sweetness! Congratulations

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

great saves and big time gratz.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt but your copper is not a George III, it's a Machin's Mills.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are some great looking coins Metaldiggr!. Congrats on locating such a fantastic site. They don't come around all that often.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread