An Eagle Kind Of Day

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caught Covid 5 weeks ago and yesterday was my first time out after recovering. Went to a spot I’ve hit hard for the last year, with low expectations, but it felt good to just swing the detector again. After almost two hours I hadn’t found anything other that the usual pull tabs and can slaw and was about to head home. I decided to make one last pass near the road and got a deep reading. I figured it was a deep can and about a foot down I hit something soft with the shovel. Dug around it with the trowel and pull out what a thought was a can top, but then I saw a design. Turned out to be an eagle breast plate that had been in a fire and the lead had been melted out, I just dug the skin. It was pretty crunched, but by working on it slowly I straighten it out enough that it will display nicely. First breast plate I’ve dug in two years, I’ll take it, no matter what condition it’s in. 😊 5A905918-5191-4098-A670-FE30288E8BC6.jpeg

Attachments

• 1D576A22-765C-4032-B519-79DA708F856D.jpeg
    1D576A22-765C-4032-B519-79DA708F856D.jpeg
    771.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 7E80C5EA-FAB7-42DD-868A-5655BC99BEC9.jpeg
    7E80C5EA-FAB7-42DD-868A-5655BC99BEC9.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 53
Upvote 19

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice recovery , the back of the breast plate was filled with solder not a pure lead . the solder on many plates starts to flake away after all this time. but with it all gone you are probably right about it being burned.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Caught Covid 5 weeks ago and yesterday was my first time out after recovering. Went to a spot I’ve hit hard for the last year, with low expectations, but it felt good to just swing the detector again. After almost two hours I hadn’t found anything other that the usual pull tabs and can slaw and was about to head home. I decided to make one last pass near the road and got a deep reading. I figured it was a deep can and about a foot down I hit something soft with the shovel. Dug around it with the trowel and pull out what a thought was a can top, but then I saw a design. Turned out to be an eagle breast plate that had been in a fire and the lead had been melted out, I just dug the skin. It was pretty crunched, but by working on it slowly I straighten it out enough that it will display nicely. First breast plate I’ve dug in two years, I’ll take it, no matter what condition it’s in. 😊 View attachment 2023748
Glad you are feeling better. Very nice recovery! Congratulations

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caught Covid 5 weeks ago and yesterday was my first time out after recovering. Went to a spot I’ve hit hard for the last year, with low expectations, but it felt good to just swing the detector again. After almost two hours I hadn’t found anything other that the usual pull tabs and can slaw and was about to head home. I decided to make one last pass near the road and got a deep reading. I figured it was a deep can and about a foot down I hit something soft with the shovel. Dug around it with the trowel and pull out what a thought was a can top, but then I saw a design. Turned out to be an eagle breast plate that had been in a fire and the lead had been melted out, I just dug the skin. It was pretty crunched, but by working on it slowly I straighten it out enough that it will display nicely. First breast plate I’ve dug in two years, I’ll take it, no matter what condition it’s in. 😊 View attachment 2023748
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread