An Impromptu Desert Dump Gives Up Some Silvers!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got tired of searching grass so I went looking in the desert again. Came across a little spot that somebody used as a dump back in the 40's or 50's. The place was riddled with nuts, nails, bolts, screws, washers and every other kind of junk imaginable. Broken bottles were scattered about, as well as building materials. Nothing looked newer than the 50's, so I cranked up the recovery speed and put on the small coil and went at it.
0309231351_2.jpeg
0309231352.jpeg

The tiny bottle is the only bottle I found unbroken. It says "Cutex" on the bottom, not sure of the age. Sure doesn't seem like you could remove much polish with such a tiny amount of remover. Maybe it was for something else? :icon_scratch:
0309231353.jpeg

Going to go back to the gravel parking lot tomorrow (where I found the 10 silver coins last month), so hopefully I'll have something to share then.

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!

Upvote 20

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work sifting through the signals to pull those Silvers! Looks like a good hunt for you. Congrats!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got tired of searching grass so I went looking in the desert again. Came across a little spot that somebody used as a dump back in the 40's or 50's. The place was riddled with nuts, nails, bolts, screws, washers and every other kind of junk imaginable. Broken bottles were scattered about, as well as building materials. Nothing looked newer than the 50's, so I cranked up the recovery speed and put on the small coil and went at it.
View attachment 2073351 View attachment 2073352

The tiny bottle is the only bottle I found unbroken. It says "Cutex" on the bottom, not sure of the age. Sure doesn't seem like you could remove much polish with such a tiny amount of remover. Maybe it was for something else? :icon_scratch:
View attachment 2073353

Going to go back to the gravel parking lot tomorrow (where I found the 10 silver coins last month), so hopefully I'll have something to share then.

Very Nice!!! Congrats !!!

SalimSD

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2023
It sounds like you were metal detecting in an interesting spot! Did you end up finding anything valuable or unique among all the junk? It's always exciting to stumble upon relics from the past and imagine the stories behind them.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SalimSD Welcome to Treasurenet

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 2073351 View attachment 2073352

View attachment 2073353

Good work

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sounds like you were metal detecting in an interesting spot! Did you end up finding anything valuable or unique among all the junk? It's always exciting to stumble upon relics from the past and imagine the stories behind them.
Just found what's shown. I honestly don't think it would be likely to single out gold from all the trashy signals, but the silvers and buttons were loud and clear.
Btw, welcome to the forum!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread