Ancient Persian Treasure

SCUFFLES

Apr 27, 2019
Quebec Canada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people in Iran recently found a very impressive hoard of ancient Persian treasure underground on lands that belong to them. What should they do next?

Last edited:
Upvote 4
OP
OP
S

SCUFFLES

Apr 27, 2019
Quebec Canada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was it obtained legally?
Don.......
They found it underground on lands that belong to them. There is always treasure to be found in those kinds of countries.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SCUFFLES

Apr 27, 2019
Quebec Canada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you amended your post to say the find was on their own land.
Don......
Thanks. I forgot to mention that it was on their own land until you started talking about legality.

Last edited:

ZXCVBNM

Mar 1, 2021
Wow. Truly amazing find. I want to believe this is real so that's what I'll do. Needless to say, they need to be extremely careful not to tell another living soul about this unless completely necessary.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any antiquities found in Iran are considered property of the state, regardless if it's on private land or not. The penalty is stoning or beheading for any violation.

That aside, that video has all the classic earmarks of a scam video so their heads are safe for now...

Last edited:

ZXCVBNM

Mar 1, 2021
Yeah, I know another guy who's active in Iran. Unfortunately it's playing with fire to be treasure hunting over there. Obviously they need to practice total secrecy and have a great deal of patience when searching for a buyer. Tell them they need to be willing to wait YEARS before the right buyer emerges. No matter how poor and suffering they are or what. Do not rush this.

OP
OP
S

SCUFFLES

Apr 27, 2019
Quebec Canada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any antiquities found in Iran are considered property of the state, regardless if it's on private land or not. The penalty is stoning or beheading for any violation.

That aside, that video has all the classic earmarks of a scam video so their heads are safe for now...
Yes I agree with you. It seems almost to good to be true. I was also thinking it might be a fake video. There is so much fake stuff going on, you never know what is real and what is not, and that is why I posted here to get other opinions.

ZXCVBNM

Mar 1, 2021
Some people I know recently found a very impressive hoard of ancient Persian treasure underground on lands that belong to them in Iran. What should they do next?
View attachment 2066705
One thing that disappoints me right away is how easy it is for that guy to pick up and turn that statue at :07. With one hand and not even gripping it that well. It looks golden. So are we looking at gold-plated WOOD or what? It seems to be far too light to be made of pure gold.

OP
OP
S

SCUFFLES

Apr 27, 2019
Quebec Canada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing that disappoints me right away is how easy it is for that guy to pick up and turn that statue at :07. With one hand and not even gripping it that well. It looks golden. So are we looking at gold-plated WOOD or what? It seems to be far too light to be made of pure gold.
Yes now that I look at the video again. That gold statue he picks up with one hand seems to be way too light.

ZXCVBNM

Mar 1, 2021
The impression I got from my treasure hunter contact in Iran is that a lot of people over there are having a really hard time. Much like in the Philippines, many people are turning to treasure hunting to find a way out of poverty. According to him, he knew someone in his village who did actually find a golden hoard and became extremely rich over night. He says people are successfully making recoveries over there. One thing is for sure, the guy is on FIRE to find treasure. Totally nuts about it. So something real must be motivating him and others...

OP
OP
S

SCUFFLES

Apr 27, 2019
Quebec Canada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The impression I got from my treasure hunter contact in Iran is that a lot of people over there are having a really hard time. Much like in the Philippines, many people are turning to treasure hunting to find a way out of poverty. According to him, he knew someone in his village who did actually find a golden hoard and became extremely rich over night. He says people are successfully making recoveries over there. One thing is for sure, the guy is on FIRE to find treasure. Totally nuts about it. So something real must be motivating him and others...
Yes there are a lot of people over there into treasure hunting as way to get out of poverty, and yes some do find real treasure but there are also a lot of fakes too.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those statues aren't even time period/place correct, just a mismatch of random tourist crap painted gold and filmed in the traditional full blur effect so you can't see too much detail, throw in a picture of the "Supreme Leader" to add credibility and mix that with the old local indigenous peasant shtick of "ah shucks, we just found millions, if not billions in priceless antiquities, whatever should we do with them, we are at a loss, please help!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread