Ancient Vaults, mines and crypts

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh and you mentioned driveway, don't do yard or landscaping mushrooms, they pick up all the toxic parts of the environment.
I would likely only eat the two wild ones you mentioned in #119, but I've only seen rotting morels a couple times and never chantrelles in the Gila-Mimbres region since 1974. I do mix powdered chaga mushrooms in my morning coffee, but I've become careful in my dotage about what I might consume - especially when it comes to strange fungi.
Tree fungus.JPG

OP
OP
Quinoa

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Go to where a fire was last year this may or early june, depending on elevation. Higher elevation, later month. Keep going to the burn until they start to pop up. The morels blanket hatch pretty much. It's unbelievable until you see it for yourself. They pop up everywhere in the burn. There's so many you have to watch where you step or you will step on them. It's literally hands and knees picking.

OP
OP
Quinoa

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
So they pop out the following spring after the fire. Check it every week or two. If you are the first one there, you will have a lot of extra mushrooms. Place them on screens or racks with a fan blowing under them for 24-48 hours and they will dry. Then Ziplock them and freeze them, they will be good for 5 years. They rehydrate well in about 3-4 hours, fill the ziplock about 1/3 volume of water to volume of mushrooms, set in fridge and flip bag every hour or so. Can even do them over night, just flip the bag every so often to get everything rehydrated, then saute away. I have a lot of good recipes, we eat them all the time with steak, I always have a good supply in the freezer from using this method of storage.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
So they pop out the following spring after the fire. Check it every week or two. If you are the first one there, you will have a lot of extra mushrooms. Place them on screens or racks with a fan blowing under them for 24-48 hours and they will dry. Then Ziplock them and freeze them, they will be good for 5 years. They rehydrate well in about 3-4 hours, fill the ziplock about 1/3 volume of water to volume of mushrooms, set in fridge and flip bag every hour or so. Can even do them over night, just flip the bag every so often to get everything rehydrated, then saute away. I have a lot of good recipes, we eat them all the time with steak, I always have a good supply in the freezer from using this method of storage.
Good tips. Thanks.

OP
OP
Quinoa

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ending up yanking the tooth, in the middle of the root canal he asked me what I wanted to do, it didn't look great, had a deep crack all the way down to root. We ending up yanking it out. After he pulled it, He asked me if I wanted to keep it, said some people like to keep theirs.....
I said naw,........ it's probably cursed..... You can have it. Lol.

And that's on my 3rd visit for the tooth. Panic attacks an all. I'm done with that stuff. Maybe should have kept it and salted and burn it.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Ending up yanking the tooth, in the middle of the root canal he asked me what I wanted to do, it didn't look great, had a deep crack all the way down to root. We ending up yanking it out. After he pulled it, He asked me if I wanted to keep it, said some people like to keep theirs.....
I said naw,........ it's probably cursed..... You can have it. Lol.

And that's on my 3rd visit for the tooth. Panic attacks an all. I'm done with that stuff. Maybe should have kept it and salted and burn it.
As in many things, we eventually reach a point where it's time to cut our losses and move on. If you'd have kept it and revenged it, you'd never forget about it.

OP
OP
Quinoa

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I might post a quik cellphone clip of a lesser crypt spot if I can upload it. I filmed a quite few of them over the last five years, some quite similar , several the same compass bearings from the peep hole (225/45 degrees, a quadrant). Not sure of the size reqs for uploading. Maybe I'll try to do it on youtube and post a link. Maybe a weekend project.

OP
OP
Quinoa

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
They are uploaded, just have to post the non-public link. Going to wait for a while I think. This forum shuts down when I do a few posts, at least for me. Kind of odd. I'll wait for a good time to do it that I feel comfortable with. Or maybe I won't post it at all, I don't know. Too much strange or bad stuff lately for me. I'll keep posting something else maybe for a while till I figure it all out.

RuahFire

Dec 22, 2021
Hi. I am new to treasurenet and was reading thru this thread. I am sorry sir quinoa for the loss of your loved one.

I would like to ask you some questions about the ancients, just not sure if now is the best time considering your recent circumstances.

OP
OP
Quinoa

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi. I am new to treasurenet and was reading thru this thread. I am sorry sir quinoa for the loss of your loved one.

I would like to ask you some questions about the ancients, just not sure if now is the best time considering your recent circumstances.
Thankyou, It's fine, ask away or pm me.

OP
OP
Quinoa

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Saw your pm, but, at the bottom, it says : "This conversation is closed for new replies." I can't reply. Whatever, No idea what is going on with that. Happy trails I guess.

OP
OP
Quinoa

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's something interesting , the omega or X. The end of one trail, the beginning of the divine one. The first two are marking the same area, just opposing sides of the mine along the trail in the canyon below the mine. The J hooked second pic points directly up to the mine. I posted it a long time ago in one of the other threads.

Attachments

• 20170812_134026.jpg
    20170812_134026.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 49
  • 20170901_124132 X.jpg
    20170901_124132 X.jpg
    656.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 20170812_134026 vrop.jpg
    20170812_134026 vrop.jpg
    936.2 KB · Views: 62
  • P1020334.JPG
    P1020334.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 46

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's something interesting , the omega or X. The end of one trail, the beginning of the divine one. The first two are marking the same area, just opposing sides of the mine along the trail in the canyon below the mine. The J hooked second pic points directly up to the mine. I posted it a long time ago in one of the other threads.
Nice cracked rocks. Here's another one I came across yesterday, then an old tunnel with a partially collapsed backfill. I'll need to return with more gear to check it out. At least I got coordinates so I can find it again.
IMG_1535.JPG

IMG_1537.JPG

IMG_1544.JPG

IMG_1547.JPG

OP
OP
Quinoa

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Cracked rock was possibly representing Calvary , result of earthquake during Crucifixion of Christ. Being that Christ is represented as the treasure or Mine.

OP
OP
Quinoa

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Be careful exploring that stuff, hope you have a radio controlled car with video if it's undocumented and unopened..

OP
OP
Quinoa

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Also, what's the Approximate bearing to the opening from the big tree in the background?

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Be careful exploring that stuff, hope you have a radio controlled car with video if it's undocumented and unopened..
My exploring pal will accompany me, as two sets of eyes is preferable before taking unnecessary risks this far back in the hills. I worked in Colorado as an underground miner and have a lot of experience in bad ground. I've already determined that this is quite likely a safe entry, but I'll bring a crowbar to better test the collapsed collar, as the collapse seems fairly recent. And a headlamp for inside. I highly suspect this site is only about 150 years old with nothing of value left inside, but you never know.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Also, what's the Approximate bearing to the opening from the big tree in the background?
I don't know. This very nice split rock is natural IMO and not uncommon in the area. I don't think it relates to the old mine in any way, but it is fairly close, maybe 1/4 mile.

These old mines are tricky around here. Most are from the historic era, about 1860s to 1920s for the most part, but their documentation is largely missing. The Spanish also worked these hills in the 1700s or so after Santa Rita del Cobre was discovered, and these records are even sketchier. Their main focus was way earlier and was 4 or 5 miles way from this location, but that's another story.

OP
OP
Quinoa

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The "Cracked rock" pictures I posted are "X"s, They represent the omega or alpha and Tau, the beginning and the end. one in the same......You will find them along trails, near sites, and along the river bottoms. The only one I found that points, is the one that has the "J hook". The 4rth picture has a 50 ton boulder near it with markers that line out away from it at 11 foot increments at 330 degrees and follows a bible code of Psalms chapter 119, done in 22 stanzas of 8. The phoenician alphabet letters are marked on the boulders going out from it. 11 feet =4 varas or 8 steps, where you "walk in the law of the lord" . Old testament stuff, that never was supposed to change. Akjv version. Haven't totally decoded it yet.
The 330 degree line of markers runs down the middle of a huge triangle of boulders/markers of 198 foot legs, of 180/0, 300/120 and 90/270 degrees. At one of the corners there is a large depression where someone tried to dig at some point in time.

The main X boulder is near a huge 50 ton propped up boulder , which is also a head profile looking upwards from the side, with a sideways "A" and an X on it's cheek. Alpha to omega.
One of the big mysteries I have been working on for many years.

We bury our dead with the arms crossed in an"X" over the chest for their journey to the afterlife as it protects the soul from evil spirits to enter. This is from ancient Egyptian culture. It signifys the end of your mortal journey , and the beginning of the divine journey. The end of one journey and beginning of another, the divine one, as pertaining to treasure.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Your historic symbology is interesting and certainly could be applied to manmade objects used as trail signs, whether they were created long ago by the ancients or by modern man wanting to use ancient symbols as markers. The problem for me with the photos in Post #132 is that the "Xs" on those rocks are clearly the result of natural local cross-faulting, which is extremely common in many areas. They are certainly not carved.

That's only my opinion, and of course I could be wrong, but I see this stuff all the time - it's the manner in which magma cools and sets. You clearly see it exposed on the surface, but also underground in mines, caves, etc. As far as potential "treasure clues" go (there really aren't that many), I am personally alerted by clearly carved rocks, immovable placed rocks, out of place tree locations/patterns or obvious natural pareidolia objects that could be easily recognized as landmarks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread