ANCIENT VOICES: Ditlihi's Journey Into The Truth Of Ancient Treasure In The Southwest

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I journeyed deep into the mountains near the Mexican Border with my good friend and fellow Treasurenet Member, Dog the Treasure Hunter. To say we had a blast would be a complete understatement, in truth it was just short of Epic.

The Mountain Ranges that separate the two countries are steeped in Treasure Lore and tales of Ancient exploration. Though very windy and cool with rain threatening on the horizon, we managed to cover quite an area on our initial foray into these desolate peaks and were gifted with some extraordinary views, and even more extraordinary discoveries.

Ancient voices whispered secrets just beyond our hearing as we explored several extremely interesting sites and pondered their construction. Have you ever seen a Duck in the desert? On a mountain? I did. And he seemed very pleased with himself, content to guard his secrets with his tail to the wind. How about a King Cobra with his regal head raised, or another Serpent further up with mouth engaged in a meal of boulder eggs? Quite a sight on the side of a lonely forgotten mountaintop. And all skillfully arranged around a huge Reclining Figure, bound as if for burial or ceremony. There was even a Stone Throne that made a perfect rest stop and panoramic viewing spot.

Who created these colossal stone Guardians, and why? What story do they tell? Is there a special significance to certain areas in these mountains, or to the mountains themselves? Do great Treasures lie buried beneath our feet as we tread silently above in awe at their magnificence? Or has Nature's Architect played a supreme joke on us, as improbable as it seems after witnessing such miraculous oddities?

These questions and more will be the basis of my journey over the next few weeks as I travel the Desert Southwest in search of Truth and Treasure. If today was any indication, it's going to be a very interesting trip. Wanna ride along?

duck 1.jpg duck 2.jpg

The Thinker or the Stinker.jpg Reclinig Figure 2.jpg

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely awesome place.
You two are destined for adventure and riches!

I’m a little jealous... but happy for you both.
#/;0{>~

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I journeyed deep into the mountains near the Mexican Border with my good friend and fellow Treasurenet Member, Dog the Treasure Hunter. To say we had a blast would be a complete understatement, in truth it was just short of Epic.

The Mountain Ranges that separate the two countries are steeped in Treasure Lore and tales of Ancient exploration. Though very windy and cool with rain threatening on the horizon, we managed to cover quite an area on our initial foray into these desolate peaks and were gifted with some extraordinary views, and even more extraordinary discoveries.

Ancient voices whispered secrets just beyond our hearing as we explored several extremely interesting sites and pondered their construction. Have you ever seen a Duck in the desert? On a mountain? I did. And he seemed very pleased with himself, content to guard his secrets with his tail to the wind. How about a King Cobra with his regal head raised, or another Serpent further up with mouth engaged in a meal of boulder eggs? Quite a sight on the side of a lonely forgotten mountaintop. And all skillfully arranged around a huge Reclining Figure, bound as if for burial or ceremony. There was even a Stone Throne that made a perfect rest stop and panoramic viewing spot.

Who created these colossal stone Guardians, and why? What story do they tell? Is there a special significance to certain areas in these mountains, or to the mountains themselves? Do great Treasures lie buried beneath our feet as we tread silently above in awe at their magnificence? Or has Nature's Architect played a supreme joke on us, as improbable as it seems after witnessing such miraculous oddities?

These questions and more will be the basis of my journey over the next few weeks as I travel the Desert Southwest in search of Truth and Treasure. If today was any indication, it's going to be a very interesting trip. Wanna ride along?

View attachment 1711612 View attachment 1711613

View attachment 1711615 View attachment 1711616

Howdy Ditlihi,

And welcome back, enjoying the ride already. That may be a Goose nesting on some golden eggs, can't tell what your friend is nesting on though. :laughing7: Keep em coming.

Homar

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other

View attachment 1711612 View attachment 1711613

View attachment 1711615 View attachment 1711616

GOOD MORNING,

and

Welcome to the Kingdom Of Rubovia.

Your personal insights are inspiring and contagious. Keep them coming, Dit.

Yours truly, Pongo.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dit, is there a number 5, on the chest of the bound up man, in the last photo of the previous post.

If it is, I hope that it will help you out.

It is close to where his heart would be.

#/;0{>~

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Great pictures. I’m looking forward to a great thread. Thanks Ditlihi and Dog.

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eye, Mikel! Yes, there is....among a few other symbols in the same 'heart' area. Perhaps you could explain the significance of the 5 for me? :notworthy:

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's some windshield music

GOOD MORNING,

and

Welcome to the Kingdom Of Rubovia.

Your personal insights are inspiring and contagious. Keep them coming, Dit.

Yours truly, Pongo.

Thank you for the awesome music! Love it! :notworthy:

Those of you who know me well know that I'm a visual thinker, I immerse myself in thought images and sound. My general impression today was one of adapting a foreign landscape to resemble another more familiar. And this was the music playing in my head.

Can't wait to watch the moon rise out of the mouth of the Serpent......

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eye, Mikel! Yes, there is....among a few other symbols in the same 'heart' area. Perhaps you could explain the significance of the 5 for me? :notworthy:

Good morning Dit.
I can only speak from my experience from the mysterious triangle of symbols, that have (once decoded, thanks to Galileo) added up to 5 equaling the sigma sign.

Many people told me that the 5 indicated silver.

And this photo, shows a low grade ore stone that was built into a wall, In “Mike’s vault “. It was split into two pieces, to show the ore, but I have learned that the ore has leachable microscopic gold as well.

You may remember that all of that mystery stone and the cave that held the stacked stones, was destroyed just before Weekender joined me on the quest to use Kenworthy’s method to measure and create the azimuth.

That collapse is what exposed the vault, I/we could make the leap of faith, that the vault was in deed, it’s intended target.

All of that has lead us to believe that the primary ore was silver.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1557669785.973832.jpg

The ore is best seen as a strip of shiny, glitter-like material in the ova shaped stone.

That seems to be the long way around to make that relationship between silver and the number 5!

But we also have found a number 7 in that same area, on a large stone billboard in an area that we refer to as the Royal Room...

This photo has a great number of signs and Symbols.
Take a look at this...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1557670400.221423.jpg

The stone man is looking at the billboard among many other S/S.

So we now believe that there may have been gold, found and processed on the same site.

At the very least, it may have just been stored there at some point in time.

So we believe 5= silver, and 7= gold.

I hope that you find both on your quest!

Be you, most fortunate among man/womankind.

Happy hunting.

#/;0{>~

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Dit!!! Glad You're Back!!

Missed Ya!!

Great Pics!!

Kace

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Thank you for the awesome music! Love it! :notworthy:

Those of you who know me well know that I'm a visual thinker, I immerse myself in thought images and sound. My general impression today was one of adapting a foreign landscape to resemble another more familiar. And this was the music playing in my head.

Can't wait to watch the moon rise out of the mouth of the Serpent......

I like this song. Reminds me of Lawrence of Arabia, Prince of Persia type music. Probably just the song for a desert environment.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I like this song. Reminds me of Lawrence of Arabia, Prince of Persia type music. Probably just the song for a desert environment.

dog, I'll bet you'll also enjoy this LZ masterpiece, alternative version.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here you go Dit. I know we didnt find this guy last trip. But i would like to see you get some photos of this set up some time, and hopefully give some insight on it. P1010285.jpg

OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ooh! Deal! If this unusual rain will give us a break I've got it next on my list. :icon_thumright:

Is that a little devil face on that thing? :icon_scratch:

Edit: It just occurred to me that my happy dancing may have brought the rain......oops....:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ditlihi

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ditlihi

What is the name of the treasure are you looking for ?

Hi Marius, that's a great question. :icon_thumright:

The history of this area includes the ancient Mogollon Culture, the Mimbres (a subset of the Mogollon), raids and battles of Pancho Villa, rumors of Spanish mining, and Legends of lost Spanish packloads of silver and gold made famous by the writings of W.C. Jameson. (I have my own personal opinions of Jameson, which I will refrain from sharing out of respect for the 95% of Treasurenet members I would be pissing off :tongue3:).

The Mogollon culture is one of the major prehistoric Southwestern cultural divisions of the Southwestern United States and Northern Mexico. The culture flourished from the archaic period, c. 200 CE, to either 1450 or 1540 CE, when the Spanish arrived. Evidence abounds for this culture and the museum in Deming is a wonderful source of information on the Mimbres. On our first foray into the mountains here I saw several 'prospect holes' dating to the 1930's, including an obviously older one that I thought was unusual as it had no waste material around it. After visiting the Museum I realized it was most probably the remains of a Mogollon Pit House like the one pictured here...

mogollon-pithouse.jpg Petroglyph.jpeg

mogollon mimbres pot.jpg

Villa's raid on Columbus, NM in 1916 led to the U.S. Army's invasion of Mexico.

" The Battle of Columbus (Burning of Columbus or the Columbus Raid), March 9, 1916, began as a raid conducted by Pancho Villa's Division of the North on the small United States border town of Columbus, New Mexico, located 3 miles (4.8 km) north of the border. The raid escalated into a full-scale battle between Villistas and the United States Army. Villa himself led the assault, only to be driven back into Mexico by elements of the 13th Cavalry Regiment stationed at the town. The attack angered Americans and President Woodrow Wilson ordered the Punitive Expedition in which the US Army invaded Mexico in an unsuccessful attempt to capture General Villa."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Columbus_(1916)

As I stand there I can easily visualize the native settlers watching Pancho Villa from the peaks of these starkly beautiful Tres Hermanas Mountains as he led the Villistas on that full-scale assault of the 13th Calvary Regiment and the burning of Columbus.

Pancho Villa.jpg Villa army.jpg

Columbus NM after Villa raid.jpg Pacho Villa Columbus Raid 1916.jpg

Then lastly, you'll find Jameson's fabrications, I mean stories, in his books Treasure Hunter: A Memoir of Caches, Curses, and Confrontations, and, New Mexico Treasure Tales. I'll leave the readers to their own opinions here. 8-)

What is not widely known, is rumor and speculation of an even more Ancient inhabitant of this area. Circumstantial (and controversial) evidence for a far older group, maybe even multiple groups, has been brought forward and cussed and discussed by Academics and Independent Researchers alike. This interests me. Especially after my own research and that of my fellow Argonaughts here in the Southwest and scattered across the country, and the evidence I've seen with my own two eyes. Evidence this trip now seems to support. This is what I seek, though I won't turn away from 40 mule loads of Silver if I happen to trip over it. :wink:;D

Who those people were, why they were here, and did they bring their treasures with them? All questions worthy of a little boots on the ground time. Time well spent in the company of Friends and fellow Treasure Hunters in the great outdoors. :icon_thumright:

I'm tellin' ya, it don't get no better than This. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread