Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leopard King? or Leper King?
P1020016 (2).png

listopiedras

Nov 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As you have mentioned before –and rightfully so – that location is very well protected. Besides the physical fortification, they have also used some esoteric ‘protection’ …according to their custom and belief. The more protection,….the better. At any level. Using ‘Apotropaic magic” was one of the preferred additions to many of the European edifices.​

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apotropaic_magic

This custom was used in order to fend off intruders to areas vulnerable to the entry or passage of evil. On churches and castles, gargoyles or other grotesque faces and figures were carved to frighten away witches and other malign influences.[9] Figures may also have been carved at fireplaces or chimneys; in some cases, simple geometric or letter carvings were used for these.

Your ‘Ugly Mo-fo’ found in the field as Gorgon Medusa’s head is a similar “Gorgoneion” placed for protection.​

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorgoneion

Gorgoneion_.jpg
Gorgon__British_Museum.jpg
Kilpeck_Sheelagh.jpg

listopiedras

Nov 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

“Evil eye​

Eyes were often painted to ward off the evil eye. An exaggerated apotropaic eye or a pair of eyes were painted on Greek drinking vessels called kylikes (eye-cups) from the 6th century BCE.[clarification needed] The exaggerated eyes may have been intended to prevent evil spirits from entering the mouth while drinking.[6][7] Fishing boats in some parts of the Mediterranean region still have stylised eyes painted on the bows. The defunct Turkish budget airline, Fly Air, adopted the symbol nazar boncuğu (nazar bonjuk) on the vertical stabilizer (fin) of its aeroplanes.[citation needed]” (From Wiki)

21911.jpg
Nazar_.jpg
amulet.jpg

OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Listopiedras. I can see that out here, when i find the eye out here they have always been at cache sites. At special sites out here, they have used white shaped stones placed as like guardian sentinels around the site. One site, i believe that they are saying their documents, religious items are there is done is that manner.

OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That area has a lot of Doorway construction, all very well built, some even have a lot of the original staining/paint remaining. There's a giant size stone chair up top with a nice cut square staff of stone about 7ft long 4x4 with a rounded top leaning against the chair. All on Negro mountain. I found someone's axe head up there, the eye broke off at one time and they hammered it over making a smaller eye, wood handle was gone. Maybe it was that Prospecting guys axe, the one that could See the art work.

listopiedras

Nov 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That area has a lot of Doorway construction, all very well built, some even have a lot of the original staining/paint remaining. There's a giant size stone chair up top with a nice cut square staff of stone about 7ft long 4x4 with a rounded top leaning against the chair. All on Negro mountain. I found someone's axe head up there, the eye broke off at one time and they hammered it over making a smaller eye, wood handle was gone. Maybe it was that Prospecting guys axe, the one that could See the art work.
Is that chair/throne on the highest peak on Negro Mountain?
There ought to be a discrete carving at the base of the throne -close to the ground - or on the scepter's ball that has a name on it. It may also be on the backrest at the bottom.
The name may also have a title, so expect to be long.
If you plan to go back sometime, try to splash some water before taking a photo, as the inscription will be faded.
The scepter might have initials only.
As usual, you have the best finds.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
You are supposed to look at something from there, it's telling of a nearby peepsite if it's still intact. The big faces with detailed eyes almost always have nearby peepsites. If they aren't there, they were destroyed by someone or sometimes even, they just fell down, gotten by age. Many times a sentinel or whoever will reset them.

OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that chair/throne on the highest peak on Negro Mountain?
There ought to be a discrete carving at the base of the throne -close to the ground - or on the scepter's ball that has a name on it. It may also be on the backrest at the bottom.
The name may also have a title, so expect to be long.
If you plan to go back sometime, try to splash some water before taking a photo, as the inscription will be faded.
The scepter might have initials only.
As usual, you have the best finds.
The throne is about 100 yards down from the peak, where the dome of the peak flattens out. If your looking at the mountain from the the side that the markers are viewable from the chair would be on the left side, and this is on the right side. But its not on the dome peak that the chair is on, its about 50 yards right of that dome. On the right side of the domed peak that the chair is located on there is a large J. Ill see if i can find the photo and post it.

Attachments

• P3150190.JPG
    P3150190.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are supposed to look at something from there, it's telling of a nearby peepsite if it's still intact. The big faces with detailed eyes almost always have nearby peepsites. If they aren't there, they were destroyed by someone or sometimes even, they just fell down, gotten by age. Many times a sentinel or whoever will reset them.
Do you think all info. is lost if the eye is gone? Or do you think it is backed up by other signs? From what i have seen,they seem to have backups.

OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this was a photo of the domed Negro mountain top. This is the position of the Throne and J. The position of the chair faces left also.

Attachments

• P3150190.JPG
    P3150190.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 73

listopiedras

Nov 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this was a photo of the domed Negro mountain top. This is the position of the Throne and J. The position of the chair faces left also.
Oh yes, it all makes sense now and everything fits its rightful place in the puzzle.

The highest peak is always reserved for The All Mighty God Himself, but a short distance away, right under God, is the King.

And now we know which king is that. That huge halberd’s tip is also pointing toward the J city and the throne. Several smaller ‘J’s have been added on adjacent sides as ‘ID ‘and to show the direction. That should be the main drag they used. (I have almost identical setups and map of ol’J)

There must be a lot more ‘stuff’ behind that green brush half-way on the mount. It’s set on a Terrace or large balcony above the helmet. They sure kept the tradition in these setups.

OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yes, it all makes sense now and everything fits its rightful place in the puzzle.

The highest peak is always reserved for The All Mighty God Himself, but a short distance away, right under God, is the King.

And now we know which king is that. That huge halberd’s tip is also pointing toward the J city and the throne. Several smaller ‘J’s have been added on adjacent sides as ‘ID ‘and to show the direction. That should be the main drag they used. (I have almost identical setups and map of ol’J)

There must be a lot more ‘stuff’ behind that green brush half-way on the mount. It’s set on a Terrace or large balcony above the helmet. They sure kept the tradition in these setups.
I know you understand their language well. I had showed a small area just below and left of the J. You couldn't see the J or anything else that i thought would give a clue that there was a door there that i was looking for. But when i showed the photo, you said there was a opening there. I asked how you knew that from just seeing that photo, and you said you seen the needles eye represented there. So you have the J, if it gets destroyed, you have the needles eye for backup. Your the only one on here that i had ever seen that mentioned the J's, and it representing the doorways (Janus). When i would find them, i would say there's one of those fish hooks,lol. I never made the Janus connection. To me they are legit. But it seems they are unknow by most.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm betting the peepsites are still there, sometimes they are a sideways notch you look across. Nobody talks about them, possibly nobody really knows of them. I didn't till I found them on my own.

listopiedras

Nov 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know you understand their language well. I had showed a small area just below and left of the J. You couldn't see the J or anything else that i thought would give a clue that there was a door there that i was looking for. But when i showed the photo, you said there was a opening there. I asked how you knew that from just seeing that photo, and you said you seen the needles eye represented there. So you have the J, if it gets destroyed, you have the needles eye for backup. Your the only one on here that i had ever seen that mentioned the J's, and it representing the doorways (Janus). When i would find them, i would say there's one of those fish hooks,lol. I never made the Janus connection. To me they are legit. But it seems they are unknow by most.

Janus Rex holding the key (of knowledge) He sits on his throne and has a scepter.

Attachments

• Janus holding the key.jpg
    Janus holding the key.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 30

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread