And you thought winter was bad!

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Geesh, tried to get out for a bit with the kids today and it was just too darn hot! I thought the bloody headphones were melting to my head, and the sand was just reflecting the heat right into every pore. I kept it up, but after 20 mins the kids came to me and told me they couldn't take it any more!!!! I was in the wood chips by then and managed to scrape out a nickel and a penny, so at least it wasn't for nothing.

When's winter gonna be back?! :P

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean! It was a sultry 95 degrees here today....but I still don't wish for winter.....yet.

Nana ;)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL KEV,
? ? ? ? I'll take 92 over 12 anyday ?;D
?I'm Mowing Grass Between Checking Posts Here, Just bought a New Push Mower.
I knew I shoud have got a Rider tho ?:D

? ? ? Jeff

Boston Baked Bean

Tenderfoot
May 15, 2005
Gotta agree with you there Kev, the last few days here have been BRUTAL,I cant imagine how the relic sweepers are doing it inland, I look forward to owning the beach again already, thankfully heavy down pours usherd in a cool front, Happy Hunting
BBB

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
This was the nicest spring I can remember. We usually go from 0 degrees to 90 degrees with very few in between. Oh wel, all good things must come to an end I guess....

It was HOT out there today!!! I went out and swung my detector on my lunch hour.
I felt like a turkey- basting in my own juices ;D

OP
OP
KevGA

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
I did the same thing today, Jeff. I figured I was already drenched so I might as well do something constructive.... I think my neighbors appreciate the effort; they were getting sick of seeing me wield a machete to get to the driveway.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No mowing here today even though the grass needs it (rain and thunder storms) today,

should have seen the wind (60 mile an hr gust) thunder/lightning, down pour, and hail storm we just had about an hr ago that lasted about 20 minutes :o

it was a sight for sure!

HH

I'm going out in a few for a while, (nice/easy digging after the rain)!

Lonewolfe

djduk00

Jun 7, 2005
Well it has been hitting high 90's to low 100's here so I have been trying to MD early till about 11 before I melt comepletely. I hate winter, old bones are stiff, so I guess 100 is better.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
LOL KEV,
? ? ? ? I'll take 92 over 12 anyday ?;D
? ? ? Jeff
? Not me,you can always add layers of clothing but you can only get so naked ?:o lol.Actually i've been here in s.fl. long enough that I should be kind of used to it.NEVER.I am a hot blooded mammal,not a cold blooded reptile.Basking(or should I say baking) in the sun is for lizards.One day......ALASKA! 8) Until then i'll stay under the trees or do the beach at night! ;D H.H.

P

Pooley

I live in south central florida and I for one am looking forward to the fall and winter. The winters here in Florida are PERFECT!!!! I havent been getting out as much, maybe a few hours on the weekends early in the morning time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread