Andy Sabisch a Must Read!

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted here regarding the possibility of me purchasing a 3030 so I decided to start by reading Andy's book. Wow what an eye opener! The book is a MUST read in order to really understand the machine. I say this as if you are not aware of the factory presets you will be missing numerous targets. Some presets will over-reject areas while others will under-reject areas regarding preset patterns. This is just one examples of many! The book tries to simplify the learning curve of the 3030 but I think it would take many many season's in order to get a good grasp as to what this machine can really do! I am not selling this book but it is a must read and I am just a quarter way through!

Last edited:

treasurehunter1957

Apr 9, 2020
hampshire united kingdom
Detector(s) used
minelab ctx3030 , minelab sovereign gt.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
HAVE TO AGREE TOTALLY , FANTASTIC BOOK ABOUT THE CTX3030 , BOTH MYSELF AND MY BUDDY WHO ARE BOTH CTX 3030 USERS AND THIS BOOK HAS JUST MADE OUR FINDS RATE REALLY INCREASE.:headbang:

OP
OP
G. I. Digger

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking of purchasing a 3030 but my hat is off to all you 3030 users because after reading a little over a quarter of Andy's book it seems like the 3030 can be one complicated machine! It starts off fine then you may need to put your seat belt on!!

FulkV

Greenie
Mar 8, 2020
Midwest
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 - Nox800 - V3i / Sold-DFX, Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree it is a great book, absorb all you can. Read it several times, rinse and repeat. If you decide to buy the 3030, stick with it and follow the book. I have been metal detecting since the early 90's(Not saying I know everything, VERY far from it.I know people that have forgot more than I know) and this is an amazing machine,stick with it! There is a bit of a curve but if you have MD'ed for a bit, you will be alright, stick with it! It will pick coins right off of iron/trash with patience. HH

coin pirate

Feb 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read 3 different FBS books by Andy, the info is invaluable for novice and experienced alike.
Best Explorer XS book below
xs book.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread