bzepol8

Dec 3, 2010
Folsom, ca
Detector(s) used
deus, tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi all!
Some of you liked the the Gold Rush knife that I had restored and posted on this thread. Well, I found some beautiful Chinese pipe parts back in August, and wanted to share another relic restoration. 49ER Relics restored the brass pieces I found to perfect condition, and he also sourced the bamboo and put an incredible finish on it. I bought a period bowl from a dealer on an auction website. After assembling all that, I think the finished product looks incredible. 49ER Relics even made sure it is historically accurate. He used hide glue to stick the metal pieces to the bamboo, which is exactly what the Chinese in the California gold fields used. A small piece of fabric secures the brass collar to the saddle piece so the bowl won't move. This one gets a special place in my collection.

Attachments

• image000002.jpg
    image000002.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 136
  • image000003.jpg
    image000003.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 104
  • image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 93
  • image000001.jpg
    image000001.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 8

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!
Some of you liked the the Gold Rush knife that I had restored and posted on this thread. Well, I found some beautiful Chinese pipe parts back in August, and wanted to share another relic restoration. 49ER Relics restored the brass pieces I found to perfect condition, and he also sourced the bamboo and put an incredible finish on it. I bought a period bowl from a dealer on an auction website. After assembling all that, I think the finished product looks incredible. 49ER Relics even made sure it is historically accurate. He used hide glue to stick the metal pieces to the bamboo, which is exactly what the Chinese in the California gold fields used. A small piece of fabric secures the brass collar to the saddle piece so the bowl won't move. This one gets a special place in my collection.
That,s just amazing,well done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread