Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The spring flowers are up and starting to bloom and the snow is falling and covering the ground. Yup, it’s spring. Here’s what it looked like at my house Monday.

9B378039-26D1-4D0A-A86D-59C07CF7262D.jpeg

I went south of home to one of the schools and it was a little warmer and the ground was not covered so a swingin I went. Last time I did a section where it looked like they were going to do some excavating and found my silver quarter. When I got there this time they had cleared the area of dirt and were putting gravel in getting ready to cover the area in cement. I walked over to have a look and there was a $5 bill on the ground. What a way to start the hunt. That’s 3 bills I have found lately, not the norm for sure.

339B3CFD-395B-4FCA-A7A6-C186B730A367.jpeg

I fired up the detector and started swingin extending my grid in the field for a few hours and then worked a new section beside the building. In 5.5 hours I found 134 coins and a bill with a total face value of $13.04 (if I put a bill in my pouch while detecting it counts toward my total), 1 wheatie (1945), a broken key, a game tab (T), a wire connector, a cheapie ring, tabs and some junk. The money was good, but nothing special. I have been finding a lot of rings lately. Too bad they are all junkers. Maybe next time.

230D9DE6-4958-4020-B4C0-E663F0645714.jpeg

It got colder overnight so I went east, down the mountain to the other school where it is generally warmer and gets less snow, hoping for decent conditions. The ground was covered with snow at home, but here the ground was bare. The snow was flying, but warm enough not to lay thank goodness.

I spent 5 hours with the CZ21 extending my grid and doing a little walk around. The walk around yielded one of the civil war bullets from a different part of the school property so another area to cover carefully and hope for the best. In all I found 56 coins with a face value of $3.07, a harness ring, a modern military hat pin, a Dream Machine token, a 1939 toasted wheatie, two .58 caliber minie balls, 2 pieces of junky jewelry, a big handful of tabs (mostly beaver tails) and some junk including 2 whole aluminum cans.

9280B614-31C6-4915-A61E-3AE804C43772.jpeg

The best finds were of course the civil war minie balls. One has a mold seam and a shallow dome cavity. The other does not have a mold seam and has a deep cone cavity. So 2 different types, one from the field where I found my first at the school, the other from a new spot closer to the school building. Not a lot of money, but a good day of swingin in the windy, snow blowing weather. I can’t wait for things to warm up, but then I will be complaining about the heat.

01BB225D-4958-4D29-8B3B-2BE4E6AA9D75.jpeg

I went to the oldest park in the area. It is fairly large and has been pounded over the years and doesn’t give up much, but there are still goodies to be had. This trip was not great. In 4.5 hours I found 65 coins with a face value of $1.22 (57 pennies), a Longaberger heart, a lead chunk, the base plate of a lock, some tabs and slaw. The tabs were still heavy in the pull off beaver tail type so the park has not been well cleaned.

8D169D76-D85E-4B64-917D-A25C53EAEB3B.jpeg

I found the heart on line and it originally came with a ribbon to be attached to a basket. It was produced in 1993. Someone added a cord with fasteners and made this one into a pendant. The lead chunk is possibly camp lead. I do find civil war bullets here and it is adjacent to a civil war camp.

3231B944-F57F-4923-B6E8-5FE910E79AD0.jpeg

We had a couple of days of snow, but it warmed up and the snow has melted so it was off to the scout camp for my weekly trip. I spent 6 hours working the grid on a site I haven’t finished yet. I found 123 coins with a face value of $13.96 (lots of quarters), 84 camp tent pegs, a hatchet head, a patrol mess kit pot handle, a Webelos slide, a belt loop advancement, a sinker, a rope tensioner, an older style scout knife, only 5 can tabs and a boat load of melted aluminum from the fire.

5A773C79-9009-4056-8D33-5CDE60086B83.jpeg

B5D2BBC3-B62D-4698-B145-439E8909601D.jpeg

So a decent week with more money to boost my year total. One more month and my detecting year will be over. So far this is my third best year out of 20 with $918.48 since May 1. My best year was over $1400 so not much chance of matching that, but a good year anyway.

As I post this the snow is flying again. It should be warmer tomorrow so maybe I can get out again. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Attachments

• 2FC88FF9-4EED-4E47-BD08-860D79143E60.jpeg
    2FC88FF9-4EED-4E47-BD08-860D79143E60.jpeg
    384.4 KB · Views: 28
Upvote 9

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The spring flowers are up and starting to bloom and the snow is falling and covering the ground. Yup, it’s spring. Here’s what it looked like at my house Monday.

View attachment 2018772

I went south of home to one of the schools and it was a little warmer and the ground was not covered so a swingin I went. Last time I did a section where it looked like they were going to do some excavating and found my silver quarter. When I got there this time they had cleared the area of dirt and were putting gravel in getting ready to cover the area in cement. I walked over to have a look and there was a $5 bill on the ground. What a way to start the hunt. That’s 3 bills I have found lately, not the norm for sure.

View attachment 2018769

I fired up the detector and started swingin extending my grid in the field for a few hours and then worked a new section beside the building. In 5.5 hours I found 134 coins and a bill with a total face value of $13.04 (if I put a bill in my pouch while detecting it counts toward my total), 1 wheatie (1945), a broken key, a game tab (T), a wire connector, a cheapie ring, tabs and some junk. The money was good, but nothing special. I have been finding a lot of rings lately. Too bad they are all junkers. Maybe next time.

View attachment 2018770

It got colder overnight so I went east, down the mountain to the other school where it is generally warmer and gets less snow, hoping for decent conditions. The ground was covered with snow at home, but here the ground was bare. The snow was flying, but warm enough not to lay thank goodness.

I spent 5 hours with the CZ21 extending my grid and doing a little walk around. The walk around yielded one of the civil war bullets from a different part of the school property so another area to cover carefully and hope for the best. In all I found 56 coins with a face value of $3.07, a harness ring, a modern military hat pin, a Dream Machine token, a 1939 toasted wheatie, two .58 caliber minie balls, 2 pieces of junky jewelry, a big handful of tabs (mostly beaver tails) and some junk including 2 whole aluminum cans.

View attachment 2018771

The best finds were of course the civil war minie balls. One has a mold seam and a shallow dome cavity. The other does not have a mold seam and has a deep cone cavity. So 2 different types, one from the field where I found my first at the school, the other from a new spot closer to the school building. Not a lot of money, but a good day of swingin in the windy, snow blowing weather. I can’t wait for things to warm up, but then I will be complaining about the heat.

View attachment 2018778

I went to the oldest park in the area. It is fairly large and has been pounded over the years and doesn’t give up much, but there are still goodies to be had. This trip was not great. In 4.5 hours I found 65 coins with a face value of $1.22 (57 pennies), a Longaberger heart, a lead chunk, the base plate of a lock, some tabs and slaw. The tabs were still heavy in the pull off beaver tail type so the park has not been well cleaned.

View attachment 2018777

I found the heart on line and it originally came with a ribbon to be attached to a basket. It was produced in 1993. Someone added a cord with fasteners and made this one into a pendant. The lead chunk is possibly camp lead. I do find civil war bullets here and it is adjacent to a civil war camp.

View attachment 2018773

We had a couple of days of snow, but it warmed up and the snow has melted so it was off to the scout camp for my weekly trip. I spent 6 hours working the grid on a site I haven’t finished yet. I found 123 coins with a face value of $13.96 (lots of quarters), 84 camp tent pegs, a hatchet head, a patrol mess kit pot handle, a Webelos slide, a belt loop advancement, a sinker, a rope tensioner, an older style scout knife, only 5 can tabs and a boat load of melted aluminum from the fire.

View attachment 2018775

View attachment 2018774

So a decent week with more money to boost my year total. One more month and my detecting year will be over. So far this is my third best year out of 20 with $918.48 since May 1. My best year was over $1400 so not much chance of matching that, but a good year anyway.

As I post this the snow is flying again. It should be warmer tomorrow so maybe I can get out again. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Hopefully the snow is gone!!! Congrats on all Your Cool Saves!!!!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice conglomaration there! Your hat pin is a rank insignia,appears to be a Army Staff Sgt. and would be worn on the shirt collar.the point would go up,the rocker on the bottom. Should be 3 chevrons and a rocker,I can,t see real well. If it has 2 rockers that would indicate a Sgt.First Class.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Congratulations! I noticed the broken key in one of the pictures and have been told that broken keys only open broken locks! :icon_scratch: Thanks for sharing all the great finds>

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

View attachment 2018772

View attachment 2018769

View attachment 2018770

View attachment 2018771

View attachment 2018778

View attachment 2018777

View attachment 2018773

View attachment 2018775

View attachment 2018774

That’s a lot of finds. Congratulations on those 3 ringers.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice conglomaration there! Your hat pin is a rank insignia,appears to be a Army Staff Sgt. and would be worn on the shirt collar.the point would go up,the rocker on the bottom. Should be 3 chevrons and a rocker,I can,t see real well. If it has 2 rockers that would indicate a Sgt.First Class.
Thanks for your input. Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting