Another Button...Age Needed

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
I found this button today. Its the size of a dime. I realize its not that old but I am researching an area on my grandfathers land that I feel there once was a house or something. Nothing has been there since before the 1950's. If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. There are pieces of crock here and there but I haven't found alot of other convincing stuff.

The best I can tell the button says "Paymaster Brand Union Made". It also has a picture of a caboose on it.

Thanks for looking and hopefully all you button gurus can help.

Attachments

• button.jpg
    button.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 476

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like an overall button. What does the back look like?
Mike

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Agreed: overalls button.

Higginbotham-Bailey-Logan began manufacturing "Paymaster" work clothes for men in Dallas, Texas in 1914.

After 1945, the company was known as Higginbotham-Bailey.

OP
OP
acedigger

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
brnn53 said:
Looks like an overall button. What does the back look like?
Mike
I will take a look at it tonight.

PBK--Can you tell me where your info came from. I am getting nothing when I google Paymaster Brand Clothing.
Like I mentioned earlier I am trying to research this spot on our land and any info I can obtain would be beneficial. I have found several clues as to whats there but its like a searching a crime seen with few clues. If a structure was there, it would be prior to 1950. The age you gave on the button fits that timeline.
There was also a Higginbothams in our small town at that time.

Thanks for the replies.

Mike828

Feb 18, 2022
I found this button today. Its the size of a dime. I realize its not that old but I am researching an area on my grandfathers land that I feel there once was a house or something. Nothing has been there since before the 1950's. If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. There are pieces of crock here and there but I haven't found alot of other convincing stuff.

The best I can tell the button says "Paymaster Brand Union Made". It also has a picture of a caboose on it.

Thanks for looking and hopefully all you button gurus can help.
I found that button as well. Similar circumstances, Grandad’s farm. Lots of glass and pottery chips in a section of field. Building has been gone since before 1940s. I have attached a picture (just like yours). We’re in Comanche County.

Attachments

• E5632737-908F-4FC8-B6E9-5D18619F2D78.jpeg
    E5632737-908F-4FC8-B6E9-5D18619F2D78.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread