Another Cannonball

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So yesterday I had some play time in the New Jersey Pine Barrens. I love to do the long recons on a nice sunny days. I came up a small hill a saw a little sign on the ground and did a fast search. This 2lb. cannonball came out. It was poorly made so I guess it was an American ball from the Revolutionary war. I guess that I'll have the figure out where it was fired from!!:dontknow:

Attachments

• Jake 6.jpg
    Jake 6.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 113
  • jake6a.jpg
    jake6a.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 22

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So yesterday I had some play time in the New Jersey Pine Barrens. I love to do the long recons on a nice sunny days. I came up a small hill a saw a little sign on the ground and did a fast search. This 2lb. cannonball came out. It was poorly made so I guess it was an American ball from the Revolutionary war. I guess that I'll have the figure out where it was fired from!!:dontknow:
What kind of sign was on the ground?

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!

OP
OP
cannonball

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What kind of sign was on the ground?
When I look for sign in the Pine Barrens I try to stay on early sand trails that don't get used much. Some times they are long forgotten Indian or Stagecoach roads. I'll keep an eye out for pottery, clam, and plants that are different. Then I scan the ground and listen for iron.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread