Another Christmas over

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Christmas over, not a Scrooge, but the holiday was created for retail stores, they simply wouldn’t survive without it most business would be closed, honestly Santa wasn’t created at the beginning of time and gifts or presents weren’t required in Jesus days. It’s unfortunate a another holiday created for business. Believe me do you how many kids get zero, so that’s all you need to no. Another holiday that’s created for what, retail stores, not everyone receives a gift. I’m glad it’s over, if it wasn’t for Christmas most wouldn’t even see there familiar utter ridiculous , excuse of a holiday. Not my opinion just the truth.

Upvote 2

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I understand what you're saying. I do work in a retirement community and see a lot of widows/widowers with nobody and I think sometimes Christmas must be nothing for them. To me it's for the kids excitement. I love the presents and lights and memories. It's also about Jesus for a lot of us. Without Him there's no reason for the season.

1LWiL15

Nov 15, 2021
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Barska Winbest Elite Edition, Bounty Hunter TK-IV, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Ace Apex, XP ORX, XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I understand what you're saying. I do work in a retirement community and see a lot of widows/widowers with nobody and I think sometimes Christmas must be nothing for them. To me it's for the kids excitement. I love the presents and lights and memories. It's also about Jesus for a lot of us. Without Him there's no reason for the season.
Hear Hear!!

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes nothing better than seeing a kid open up a gift, however I can’t forget about the elderly people in nursing homes that don’t get any visitor, actually that’s the saddest thing I experienced when I went to see my grandparents, I made it a point to talk to them, these people need the same attention as everyone else just because they are fading away. So Christmas is a fabricated holiday for stores , why most stores can’t stay open without. So I think we can serve god much better than gifts that most don’t like or take back, if we would become true families again like they used to be, yes we always have poor folks, but there was a gleam or something that was special. In ending this would be the ultimate gift that nothing else can match, what you say. IF EVERY KID GREW UP WITH A MOM AND DAD, THIS DAM WORLD WOULD BE AMUCH BETTER PLACE. YOU NAME A GIGT BETTER THAN THAT, A MOM AND DAD, THANKYOU

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gifts were given at the very first Christmas ~ gold, frankincense, and myrrh. It has been a tradition for a very long time, long before there were retail stores. St. Nicholas was born in the third century, 270 AD, and his gift-giving is the basis for the modern St. Nick.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah but gift giving got out of hand, you give bread, or wine, or like Jesus days. Christmas is for retail stores, they simply can’t stay open without it, heck stores close down anyway. Dont you notice the calendar is full of a day for this and that, to purchase stuff. I’m going create a day to,

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah but gift giving got out of hand, you give bread, or wine, or like Jesus days. Christmas is for retail stores, they simply can’t stay open without it, heck stores close down anyway. Dont you notice the calendar is full of a day for this and that, to purchase stuff. I’m going create a day to,
I agree with you that it is very much commercialized today....and when retailers forbid workers to say "Merry Christmas" I think people should shop elsewhere.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said and will until theend of time, REMEMBER WHEN A HANDSHAKE AND HUG MEANT SOMETHING, a sitdown and simply talking like human beings. Yeah simple needs a come back,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread