Another clad lunchbreak

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Uninspiring but a good hunt nonetheless. I got to the park just after noon and found a 20' spraypainted circle partially overlaping where the carny trailer was where I had found two rings in the past two days so I figured I better hit it hard. If they're putting in something (it's right behind the current flagpole) it may be my last chance there. I set discrimination to 0, sens to 75, tones to 1F (I'm getting to like this one, it has varying pitch and intensity and is close to my old Musky) and left the mode at default. Initially I was getting lots of falsing so I dropped one frequency notch and that solved it.

Sadly, no rings. I was digging anything potentially ringlike and that netted me some pull-tabs and pull-rings. Also a couple grommets. And a second laser pointer tip not far from where the first was.

As noted, this was a site I have hit twice before this week so I was pleased to find a respectable group of coins. All clad, but that is the norm here.

While digging a woman in a pants suit walked up who looked familiar and I said "hello" with a big smile. She wasn't who I initially thought (at first I thought she was a former co-worker).

She said: "I don't think he'll like you digging here!"

"Who, Tom? He gave me permission. Tom Xxxxxxxxx." (The water, sewer & park spuervisor).

She turned and left without saying anything further and I called after "I do cover my holes well, as you can see."

She hustled over to the maintenance shack where a town truck was parked and I figured "Putting the nasty mouth on me with the town staff."

When I got home I checked and, hoo boy, she is the town supervisor. May have to send a flowery e-mail tomorrow as I really don't want to see a "no metal detecting" sign up in the future. I've been hitting that site hard since 2003 and I have a good relationship with the park staff and superintendant. Hopefully he cooled her off.

Attachments

• HPIM0592.jpg
    HPIM0592.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 0

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
OOPS!! LOL....I enjoyed your story. Glad you made a few finds.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
yeah maybe she lost something and you can find it for her. Anyway hope your hunts continue and she cools off.

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yikes! When i started hunting my park "have my permit i an orange hunting lic holder" I was being watched by the super, she was useing binoculars from the other side of the park. Anyway i was next to a trash can emptying my trash pouch when she drove up to me smileing and thanking me for the neat plugs and takeing the time to take the trash with me. Here i thought i was going to have to defend myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread