Another Dam Counterfeit George 11

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So I had some down time at work yesterday and did a little recon in the Jersey Pine Barrens. I managed to sniff out another virgin site in the white sugar sand. It's in an area where the Jersey Pine robbers frequented in the late 18th Century. This George !! appears to be a counterfeit but I'm not sure. If I find the pine robbers stash, is it still stolen property?

Attachments

• davenport.jpg
    davenport.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Davenport1.jpg
    Davenport1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 79
  • davenport3.jpg
    davenport3.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 24

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So I had some down time at work yesterday and did a little recon in the Jersey Pine Barrens. I managed to sniff out another virgin site in the white sugar sand. It's in an area where the Jersey Pine robbers frequented in the late 18th Century. This George !! appears to be a counterfeit but I'm not sure. If I find the pine robbers stash, is it still stolen property?
That’s a pocketful of buttons and Congratulations on the coin!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to find a counterfeit....if it's from the time period...great spot you've located! Love the buttons!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
even the counterfeits are way cool, great saves

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! If you find the stash and keep quiet,it,s yours!:laughing7: A question? What exactly are the pine barrens?:icon_scratch: I,ve seen them mentioned in books,both fiction and non fiction,but never did know what they were. Just a brief explanation please if you have time!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!! If You find the stash, just don’t say You did!

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I’d love to tag along with you one day. I’m not too far away.

OP
OP
cannonball

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds! If you find the stash and keep quiet,it,s yours!:laughing7: A question? What exactly are the pine barrens?:icon_scratch: I,ve seen them mentioned in books,both fiction and non fiction,but never did know what they were. Just a brief explanation please if you have time!
The Pine barrens are just over 1 million aces (22 percent of jersey land) filled with pine trees. there are many trails and its great for fishing hiking camping etc. much of this area has either never been touched by humans or not in hundreds of years. It is like stepping into another time period. The jersey devil is rumored to be there, but as long as he isnt digging im ok with it.

OP
OP
cannonball

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi. Did you know the counterfeits are generally worth more than the authentic ones? Really. My coin dealers here scarf them up.
The counterfeits seem to attract a whole different collector. All of the counterfeits that I've found are kept with the artifacts from the site they were found on. I've heard the some are worth$$$. I'd love to know more about them. Thanks Smokey

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
Great finds there 👍

Sidcane

Aug 14, 2017
Flagler county fl
Detector(s) used
Ace 250&400 just bought at max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I'm correct they made a young bust in the 1730s and an old bust in the 1740s

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread