Another day out with some more relics.

WVExplorer

Jul 9, 2014
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Garret Carrot, Recently retired Bounty Hunter Quicksilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out early today, back on the river before it got hot.

Amazed with the things I’m still finding. Most are toastie now but I still consider them decent relics. The area I’ve mainly been working in is only about 30 yards. It’s starting to get a little thin but I can move up river a lot more.

EF5F67CE-BB25-48A8-9BE3-D35D61F17F05.jpeg

Best finds were a couple of buckles. One has a monogrammed K in the middle. Almost looks like it’s Victorian. Might post it on the What Is It. Can’t find one like it. The other is the outer ring for an older buckle. Maybe an old shoe buckle... Both of these actually came out of the river bed, about a foot deep.

B0B01F96-5A8C-4500-B55F-2EB753BD8B2C.jpeg
A012CEB1-0324-4EDE-8CA7-25B07DF86603.jpeg
E0AECAE6-AF85-4D11-A4E1-ACEB28EA91EE.jpeg

Found some more spoon handles, toastie but appear old.

Some more buck shot and case shot, one looks to be drilled or fired and damaged. I’ve read some were drilled when they drilled and put the fuse in.

Also found a neat old toy airplane (well most of it)
27A3CCDB-969B-486C-BECE-BCD4C07CDF04.jpeg

You’ll also see the glass fragment. I know they’re pieces of broken bottles but I’ve been seeing neat embossing. Some appear to be from types like the old snake oil or patent medicines. They’re older with a lot of bubbles in the glass. The one pictured here says “Chamberlains Colic And Diarrhoea Remedy” (I know Diarrhea is spelled wrong, that’s how it’s spelled on the bottle). Might start keeping some of these. Might make a display case just for these.
3C791C0F-FA8C-4226-A169-CBAC8E38432B.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 5

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That river is really producing some good stuff the plane is sweet and nice buckles I bet theres stuff in the river too. Gotta be coins and lots more goodies in there. Well done and thanks for sharing your finds Ive been following your river hunt. Hope you find ye ol Gold coin in there ya never know keep em coming my friend and stay safe out there.........Tommy

OP
OP
WVExplorer

WVExplorer

Jul 9, 2014
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Garret Carrot, Recently retired Bounty Hunter Quicksilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That river is really producing some good stuff the plane is sweet and nice buckles I bet theres stuff in the river too. Gotta be coins and lots more goodies in there. Well done and thanks for sharing your finds Ive been following your river hunt. Hope you find ye ol Gold coin in there ya never know keep em coming my friend and stay safe out there.........Tommy

Thanks. I’ve been working a foot or so out in the water. Then it drops off deep. Thinking about trying some
magnet fishing since there seems to be some many relics around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread