Another Deus at the beach

mission101

Oct 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457843542.869644.jpg
I went for it and picked up an XP Deus from Bigboyhobbies. Bart is great I'd recommend talking to him before your next purchase. I only have experience with Tesoro products before this. They are fine machines both my Compadre and Sand Shark have been reliable machines and they stand up to abuse. I still have the Sand Shark and it provides excellent depth and target separation in the ocean. Now that I have the Deus I will have a hard time picking up the Sand Shark again. The XP Deus is so convenient to store and use that feature alone is worth it. I went to the same spot on the wet shoreline that I dug 35 targets a few weeks ago with my SS. 5 of those were coins. 6 iron junk to 1 coin was the ratio. Today i was at 1 junk to 1 coin and this was my first day with the Deus and all I knew how to do was ground balance. The depth is comparable but I know the SS goes a bit deeper but that did not matter in the location I was at I know because all my SS targets were at the same depth. The biggest surprise was how fast I could swing this machine and still hear the target clearly. Because I have been conditioned to swing slowly I underestimated the machine and covered less ground. I am sure I can cover 2 times the ground with my Deus that I would with the SS. I really don't care who agrees with me on this I am posting this because that is my experience. Technology has finally caught up with this hobby in this machine. Swing whatever you want I know what I'm using.

Upvote 0

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes Bart rocks! Great prices and service!

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep Deus is a great machine....and willbe even more with the upcoming V4.0 version that "should be" avaialble end of Q2 2016 with a new coil for saltwater.

Will be for sure the killer for beach & shallow hunting

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My experience with the Deus echoes yours--great machines and as Froggy says, will be even better with the fielding of V4.0

joee5

Dec 16, 2015
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber II
Whites XLT
Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used Bart's on several occasions. Great guy and service. And if he misses your call, he calls right back

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Comparing prices and packages for CTX 3030 and needing supplies (straight shaft, extra battery pack holder, knobs) for Excal II. VERY disappointed in Kellyco; delayed order for week because of back-ordered $2 cap, so I changed order to expedite shipment...2 weeks later still waiting... so called company again and told other parts were backordered...cancelled order after 3 weeks of waiting...complained to company day order was cancelled and told all parts are in and ready to ship, if I reordered. Can't believe anything they say. Looking for reliable metal detecting vendor. Looks like SeriousDetecting has great deals on CTX3030 w great packages (No Junk). Metal Detecting Stuff has the Minelab battery holder. Still looking for place to buy replacement knobs and deciding between Anderson straight shaft and Plugger.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
I can understand your point of view and had a similar experience with Kellyco BUT you can ask Treasure Hunter our beach & Shallow Mod to give you a little help with Kellyco in case of emergency....

Hope you will find another vendor...and if its a TNET supporting vendor it'll be even better ;-)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Comparing prices and packages for CTX 3030 and needing supplies (straight shaft, extra battery pack holder, knobs) for Excal II. VERY disappointed in Kellyco; delayed order for week because of back-ordered $2 cap, so I changed order to expedite shipment...2 weeks later still waiting... so called company again and told other parts were backordered...cancelled order after 3 weeks of waiting...complained to company day order was cancelled and told all parts are in and ready to ship, if I reordered. Can't believe anything they say. Looking for reliable metal detecting vendor. Looks like SeriousDetecting has great deals on CTX3030 w great packages (No Junk). Metal Detecting Stuff has the Minelab battery holder. Still looking for place to buy replacement knobs and deciding between Anderson straight shaft and Plugger.

Not sure your complaint is, it is clear at all, I do know Minelab has back ordered the 3030s for ALL dealers, want see any 3030s for sale before end of March unless a dealer happens to have one sitting somewhere......

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What's the best package for a Dues, I haven't called anyone but I am just curious what others are buying

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on your new Deus! I've heard great things about it from friends who own it. It is on my short list of detectors to get! Here's wishing you continued success with it!

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on your new Deus! I've heard great things about it from friends who own it. It is on my short list of detectors to get! Here's wishing you continued success with it!

204891DeusLastversionunboxing.jpg

Yes just received it from XP but in French version lol ... so I need to send back the remote control to switch it to english so I'll have to wait a bit before having a spin with it.

Was very impressed by the weight of the beast : 0.9Kg only !

Introfiant

Dec 22, 2015
OBX
Detector(s) used
CZ21, Excal, Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I have the plugger straight shaft carbon fiber. It's crazy light. Can't go wrong with either one really. In regards to Kellyco and the minelab tech service for mods and upgrades and the such, I am guessing you were talking about the excal with them? Their lead tech died recently so it has put them behind. Not their fault or anything to get upset with them about. If it was something with the 3030 then I can't speak for that. I would however recommend sending all excals to them for mods and repairs!! oh and I got the knobs off ebay.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lawrence, give me a call. I have some Anderson and Plugger shafts in stock, Anderson knobs, and even a custom Blaze Orange Anderson Over under shaft. CTX3030 in stock, and I'll build you a custom bundle.

Wayne

832 928-9135

Metal Detector Sales Rental | Treasure Hunting | Metal Detecting Stuff

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where you hunting on a SALT beach?

View attachment 1284718
I went for it and picked up an XP Deus from Bigboyhobbies. Bart is great I'd recommend talking to him before your next purchase. I only have experience with Tesoro products before this. They are fine machines both my Compadre and Sand Shark have been reliable machines and they stand up to abuse. I still have the Sand Shark and it provides excellent depth and target separation in the ocean. Now that I have the Deus I will have a hard time picking up the Sand Shark again. The XP Deus is so convenient to store and use that feature alone is worth it. I went to the same spot on the wet shoreline that I dug 35 targets a few weeks ago with my SS. 5 of those were coins. 6 iron junk to 1 coin was the ratio. Today i was at 1 junk to 1 coin and this was my first day with the Deus and all I knew how to do was ground balance. The depth is comparable but I know the SS goes a bit deeper but that did not matter in the location I was at I know because all my SS targets were at the same depth. The biggest surprise was how fast I could swing this machine and still hear the target clearly. Because I have been conditioned to swing slowly I underestimated the machine and covered less ground. I am sure I can cover 2 times the ground with my Deus that I would with the SS. I really don't care who agrees with me on this I am posting this because that is my experience. Technology has finally caught up with this hobby in this machine. Swing whatever you want I know what I'm using.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions