Another Dutch Hunter Crosses Over

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just heard about Joe. Condolences to Carolyn and the family. We got along from the start back on Feldman's Old LDM Forum. As long as you didn't have a problem letting him know you're real identity. LOL Joe was the one that introduced me to Bob Corbin and several other old timers. We had several spats over the years that lasted for all of about two or three days. Joe was a good guy that will be missed!

Like Deducer said, Joe used to always fact check my references. When I used Father O'Malley SJ from Georgetown as a source regarding Jesuit Mining and Slave Owning, Joe contacted him to make sure I was telling it straight. Same thing for a few other official people. Godo thing I didn't lie about research, or Joe would have called me on it like he did some others! LOL

Mike

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hat's off to ya Joe.
Bet you're finding more and answers fast alongside your Dad and others.....

My condolences to his friends and family.

Ponteach

Feb 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From Canada/to/USA, respect to cactusjumper Joe R, never met the man, just read is story's and is side of (St-Tomas) never believe until you see,
Rest In Peace, you gain it, condolences to is wife and family, closed friends, Tnet friends, hope all is notes will not just stay on Tnet, but will follow on
archives in LDM museum.

so long frenchy, from Canada

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To Carolyn and family, My most sincere condolences on the passing of Joe. He will be missed by all. Sincerely, Gregory E. Davis

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sad to hear....I have only met him at the last 3 rendezvous..Very nice person, I will miss him. My condolences to Joe's family

Drew52

Jan 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad to hear about Joe. I’ve been reading these forums for over 15 years now, and Joe, amongst others, is the main reason I have kept reading. He will truly be missed.
Condolences to Carolyn and family.
RIP Joe.

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe was one of the first persons I got acquainted with on DUSA/and the LDM-site. We had several discussions and I always loved his feedback. He was a true gentleman in person and my heart bleeds for his passing - I have lost a good friend. My deepest condolences to Carolyn and the family - the world has lost a giant.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm very sorry as well, to have recently heard of Joe's passing.
My condolences to Carolyn, his family and many friends .
He was a good man, and I'll miss his presence and enthusiasm.

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my best to Carolyn and your Family ...and if i can stand i will go back even if it kills me ...! i don't have to look for the LDM any more because of great men who hunted before me like you Joe ..i will see you soon ...

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Real de Tayopa, Joseph Curry, my buddy and partner for over thirty years passed away two nights ago @ 9 PM, peacefully. He is back with his Berta now.
Roy

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa, Joseph Curry, my buddy and partner for over thirty years passed away two nights ago @ 9 PM, peacefully. He is back with his Berta now.
Roy

Condolences Oroblanco,

I never met him in person, but having interacted with him here,
I can tell he was a man among men and will be missed.
Thoughts and Prayers.
-Weekender
Mike

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He was always cool with me on here. Sorry to hear that he passed on.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
sounds like joe had a good long life and he accomplished alot...his wit will definitely be missed around here....rest in peace joe

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roy
.....i don't know what to say .. we hunt side by side so many years of research and talking back and forth we forget we are all just real people behind the keys ..nothing i can say will help you with the loss you feel ..we have lost a great member of the treasure hunting community, i wanted to ask him a few more question that only he could have hope to answer ... i am truly sad and i will miss you Real de Tayopa my heart and best wishes go out to his friends and family ..Roy & Beth ...i feel your loss and pain and i wish the best in these sad days ..i started talking with Real De shortly after i met Oro. i have known you both about 20 years ...God speed friend .. i will miss you ...

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear that Roy and Beth. Did you ever get a chance to meet him in person? I thought he would end up outliving us all :) Godspeed Joseph.

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have lost a giant - but at least he is with his beloved 'Tiger'. God's speed Joe - we will all meet up in the end!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread