HessianHunter

Jul 24, 2016
Massachusettss
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s been a few years since My friend and I have had a day like this. This was no easy feat. We had been searching for this site for 2 years now and covered every inch of ground, and today was the day we finally found it. We had read in an old town history of some sort of farmers market that was held. My friend and I thought we were looking for some major foundation but it was a really just a insignificant stone structure. Later on maybe in the 30s the area was used for sugar production. Lots of crap galvanized rusty pieces. However, under it all slept for many years these coins. My friend found all the silvers for today, I managed the 1828 copper. I’m not disappointed though, I have had my share of silvers, and just to cross this site out was such a victory. There is still a good amount of area to search and we will be back for sure!

F329D0BD-0350-4E8A-B74B-BF7553BBA803.jpeg 76B24811-70BC-4963-A665-4DA346CB4268.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 41

Tencents

Jan 12, 2019
Northeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1500, Garrett Apex
Minelab 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The soil was kind to your Large Cent. Looks like it was a fine day.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! What I would give for a place like that to detect. Next time it will be your turn for the silver. Gary

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes just positively identifying the site from many hours of research is reward enough, but 3 old silvers and a nice LC is definitely sweet. Good luck on your future visits at that site !

Elvis

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Lafayette, Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Nokta Simplex+
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome haul!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
congrats on your determination, so glad it paid off

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love it when a plan comes together! It is quite gratifying when you are able to execute a plan and have a successful day. Those are some very impressive coins. Congrats!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done on the hunt, somedays it just seems that all the stars align and the it's a great day of hunting.
Then a return hunt is a zilch-but one never looses that feeling when they know it can produce an oldie.
Best of luck on the next outing.

OP
OP
HessianHunter

HessianHunter

Jul 24, 2016
Massachusettss
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love it when a plan comes together! It is quite gratifying when you are able to execute a plan and have a successful day. Those are some very impressive coins. Congrats!

Thanks, and I agree!! Its a good feeling to find a site the first time out, but when it takes 2 years its such a relief! haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread