πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION another golden "O" bu this time.......

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monday
1015hrs
The light sand slipped through the sieve revealing a shining gold ring. Pocketed it continuing to swish in the water that was like one would expect in a bath tub. Targets scarce but was in the zone after finding my second gold ring in as many swishes.
1100hrs
Was that time....to get home and ready for work so I started to exit the water only to be approached by the life guard who questioned me as to my finds.
She indicated that a fellow's young one had lost a signet ring there last Thursday.
"Do you mean this one" I responded?
"Maybe. I have a photo on my phone of it. Yes that is it. Have the mans name. I'll call him."
"I'll leave my card and he can call me." I retorted.
1230hrs
On my way to work ready for another knock them down and drag them out day. The norm at my workplace.
1430hrs
Marie calls me at work. Immediately uneasy as she does not have a propensity to call . Turned out a Mr. Patterson had called about the ring. Hunny Bunny gave me the number and I called.
1435hrs
Arrangement was made to meet the gentleman after work at the Tim's under repair near my abode.
2215hrs
Mr. Patterson arrived with his son and pleasantries were exchanged. Turned out his son Issac has an aunt that........when I was 13 living in Chester I dated. Unreal! Talked about Newfoundland and asked about a lady from Stephenville....he knew her to.....very small world.
Anyway Isaac was happy to get his ring back.
Another golden "O" but this one with a happy ending!

Sure felt good to give back to the hobby that for over 4 decades has given me so much joy!

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks to you for finding the young man's ring and returning it to him. "Congrats" this sort of thing helps with metal detecting reputation.

Texas ED

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one great feeling to return something that seemed gone for ever by the one that lost it. A big Attaboy for you my friend.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story, find and return! :occasion14:

It's funny how people in our past seem to "pop up" at the strangest times.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats. I will also vote Honorable Mention. You did great.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A hearty pat on the back for the good deed........and being a great ambassador for all of us!! Honorable Mention for sure..........!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread