Another good QUARTER day with the SIMPLEX+ at a local HIGH SCHOOL

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My "goal" TODAY was to find $10 worth of quarters & clad at a Georgia High School that I have found a lot of quarters the last several hunts there. BUT first I had to get air in my car tire (I drive an old 2006 Chevy HHR) and the air machine at the local gas station takes $1 in quarters (I had some old cleaned ones with me) - So I inserted the very first quarter, and to my surprise, the air machine started running so I guess somebody had aready put 3 quarters in and had walked away - Lucky me - So I aired my tire & looked down and at the base of the machine in the high grass saw something "shiny" & sure enough A clad QUARTER - Lucky me - but while parting the grass & looking for more - I find 3 more quarters - again, Lucky me - AND I had not even turned on my detector (the first 4 quarters in the picture was the ones I found there) - ON to the school I find an additional 35 1/2 quarters, 11 dimes, 1 nickel & 6 cents - AND, Lucky me one of the dimes was a 1953-D SILVER Roosie - for a total of 58 coins because I also found a 1965 UK Half penny - that was a $ total of $10.96 - DID I mention "I was Lucky today" and met my goal (thanks to SIMPLEX+ and a little help from that "air machine") -- GOOD LUCK & HH to everyone......BILL
P1010186.jpg P1010192.jpg P1010191.jpg P1010194.jpg P1010193.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 16

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE! How long did you hunt for? A good day for me at a park or school is $4 or $5 dollars for a 3-4 hour hunt. I have never had a $10 dollar day ever - Awesome

I just took my new simplex out for a very quick lunch hunt and found a few penny's. I wish I had a smaller coil like the 5.3 on my MX5. HH

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NICE! How long did you hunt for? A good day for me at a park or school is $4 or $5 dollars for a 3-4 hour hunt. I have never had a $10 dollar day ever - Awesome

I just took my new simplex out for a very quick lunch hunt and found a few penny's. I wish I had a smaller coil like the 5.3 on my MX5. HH

Hey, Travis - This hunt was Sunday - and I just got around taking pictures & posting. I started at noon and hunted until 5 pm, so that was 5 hours hunting time, but I also liked what I was using, a MX5, before the Simplex+ that I got just before Christmas. Thanks......BILL

PS - Here is one of my hunts with the MX5 - where I found a lot of quarters in a short period of time(you can click on below):
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...er-bonanza-found-today-first-time-hunted.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Bill getting your quota and other coins also you and the Simplex seem to work great together

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Outstanding Quarter hunt/finds Bill. I would have gone and bought a lottery ticket that day. Great post!

_muppet_

Nov 11, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a place where several $20 days have taken place. : ) There is an old railroad bridge about an hour from my house that people used to throw coins off of like a wishing well. Enough that some small animals (probably either squirrels or rats) would gather coins and bring them into their nests. I watched my dad pull close to $5 out of a single hole there when I was a kid. We bought dinner with dug clad on the way home. : ) I don't know if you're still allowed to dig there or not. The bridge was hit by a tornado about 10 years ago, one remaining section is now a look out pier thing. I'm sure many coins still fly off of it.

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score. I know many schools used to be the site for carnivals and circuses back in the 50s/60s before everyone was afraid of getting sued for everything by everyone.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first got my rig, I spent a LOT of time between a soccer field and a day care center that used to be school. Between the two of them I found a TON of clad, and was able to purchase my first good pinpointer with just the dug quarters. I had several $10+ days in quarters but never $20. The soccer field also coughed up some oldies, as there was an old house on the property at one time...But congrats on your recent haul! I hope you have a good tumbler lol... Ddf

Hvactech19

Oct 28, 2019
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Predator 3, AT MAX, EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know you can walk into the gas station and ask for free air! Lol I see people paying all the time and just shake my head

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know you can walk into the gas station and ask for free air! Lol I see people paying all the time and just shake my head
Hvactech...we live in a decent sized city and I’m 99% sure that one of THE last full-service gas stations here has closed.. well, not completely closed but the “shop” is shut down and was about the only place in town I knew that offered free air, they had the hose outside and there was ALWAYS someone getting air with someone waiting. The times...they are a changin’.. Ddf

Hvactech19

Oct 28, 2019
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Predator 3, AT MAX, EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around here all the self serve stations aren't posted at the air machine but you're able to go in and ask to turn on air, just wasn't sure if you knew, but every area is different. My bad if I sounded like a Richard cranium

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very productive hunt, congrats! :occasion14:

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, NWMP - Lucky you, my friend to live in Canada and have "loonies & twoonies" that people actually carry & "loose" there that really count up fast in $$$$'s. I only find a few $1 SBA's, Sacagawea's & Presidential dollars here. AND to answer your question (I see you have a SIMPLEX) - and how they sound on a surface and/or shallow clad; because I find on a quarter, that if it is on or near the surface just under the dirt/grass and 2" inches or less it sounds like 3 coins close together because of the double D coil - I get a beep on each loop side and the center (3 beeps or blips) they always sound HUGE and always 90-91 on the VDI - BUT after raising the coil over 2 to 3 inches only ONE beep is heard with again ALWAYS good VDI 90-92. After finding hundreds of quarters with the SIMPLEX, I have to say: I LOVE THAT SOUND - so I hope that helps - Good Luck & Happy Hunting........BILL

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread