Clyde,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
GP3000
TESORO LOBO
GARRETT GTI 2500 + Eagle eye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great haul Neal! I have a claim I hope to get to next year in the Prescott valley area.

Hopefully I'll do well too!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any body see my twin, TimC up on the Lynz lately? Said he found some good color there the 27th, yesterday. TTC

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
Headed for the Prescott area for the first time in November. Since I'm backpacking in, i could use some local directions to a good spot where recreational sluicing and panning are allowed (would be nice if there was something there worth panning as well). Looking for a camp site no more than about six miles away from a country store where i can resupply every couple of weeks. I'm used to "primitive" camping and don't need a port'a john, pre built fire ring or iron grill to survive. I've heard about a place called "Turkey Creek" near Black Canyon City that might be suitable, but haven't actually heard from anyone who has camped and panned there before. Any location anywhere in the Bradshaw Range (as long as it's not too remote.. say 20 miles out).

OP
OP
neal S.

neal S.

Apr 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett // Garrett // Fisher Gold Bug
TheNewCatfish said:
Headed for the Prescott area for the first time in November. Since I'm backpacking in, i could use some local directions to a good spot where recreational sluicing and panning are allowed (would be nice if there was something there worth panning as well). Looking for a camp site no more than about six miles away from a country store where i can resupply every couple of weeks. I'm used to "primitive" camping and don't need a port'a john, pre built fire ring or iron grill to survive. I've heard about a place called "Turkey Creek" near Black Canyon City that might be suitable, but haven't actually heard from anyone who has camped and panned there before. Any location anywhere in the Bradshaw Range (as long as it's not too remote.. say 20 miles out).

from Rte 69 - Go about 4 miles south on Walker Rd. (Costco) Turn left on enchanted forest road - go 100 yards and you will be at an unmarked, free rustic campground. Only problem is a 14 day limit. -- Continue on about 1/4 mile through campground and you will run into the famous Lynx creek. - National forest land. It is a very nice spot and YES there is, has been and always will be good gold in this entire area. STAY OFF of MARKED CLAIMS - it may be mine - HA HA HA.

Good luck
HHTA
Neal S.

whacker55

Greenie
Mar 20, 2009
Oh man, you'll love that place. Me and Neal used to hit that place on a regular basis, and if you pay attention to the banks and roots, you can pull out some great gold. Mostly round and far traveled stuff, but lots of it.

Also, crevice a bit on the bedrock, I've seen Neal pull some pea sized pieces out on a regular basis.

Ivan

OP
OP
neal S.

neal S.

Apr 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett // Garrett // Fisher Gold Bug
whacker55 said:
Oh man, you'll love that place. Me and Neal used to hit that place on a regular basis, and if you pay attention to the banks and roots, you can pull out some great gold. Mostly round and far traveled stuff, but lots of it.

Also, crevice a bit on the bedrock, I've seen Neal pull some pea sized pieces out on a regular basis.

Ivan

Hey Ivan, What's up? - The water should be running soon. If you want to head up sometime, give me a ring or e-mail.
I finally got a highbanker/dredge combo. I am ready to go at it hard this year.

HHTA

Neal S.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Neal--that desert gold is very pretty.

All the best,

Lanny

rick.ther

Aug 7, 2005
no. cal
Detector(s) used
whites, fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
try going a little further on the same road and find banimine rd, down at the bottom primitive camping and right on the creek :thumbsup:
I think it is still in the withdraw area (panning only) but I have found quite a bit in the area.
if you go upcreek about 200-300yards and look on the east side you will find a hole, small and have to crawl in, but opens up into a hard rock mine. interesting to see but as always CAUTION.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread