Another long day.....and I thought Id hit the big one!!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Another long day.....and I thought I'd hit the big one!!

Hey gang,

As I said yesterday...I mapped out yet another trip for today. I actually found all the schools I intended to! Unfortunately though, most of those playgrounds were locked up tighter than Fort Knox! Dang......I just want to rid your playground of unwanted money and jewelry!! >:(

I made several stops and started heading home. I would find one more school, one more playground, one more church. I hit this one Elementary School that had a crappy wet playground, but thought what the heck. I found a penny, dime and nickel. Was going to leave and decided to swing real quick by this odd plaything that you crawl through. I found another dime, then hit this really weird signal. It was very inconsistent and all over the place. Was gonna leave it alone and my gut told to go get it! I barely scratched the surface it was under and start pulling up chain. It kept coming and coming! I thought, DANG.....Am I pulling up a kitchen sink or what? Then the mother of all crosses came toward me! I thought I was going to wet myself! :o :o I quickly brushed it off and thought I saw a mark on the back, I was shaking so bad I couldn't see it clearly. I shoved it in my pouch and starting driving home. I cleaned it up real nice and examined it thoroughly and.........Well, yep, you guessed it. It's the biggest piece of fake jewelry I've ever seen! How in the hell do you lose something that big and not know it?!! Anyway.....it was fun to find and disappointing too. Now that I look at it all cleaned up.....it's pretty and will have it's proper place in my strangest finds collection. Oh.....and I found the biggest penny I've ever seen too! ::)

Thanks for reading again and I think I'm gonna take a little break. I've seen all of the little towns I want to for a bit. We'll see if that sticks when next weekend comes!

HH,
Moon

Attachments

• IMG_1730.JPG
    IMG_1730.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_1731.JPG
    IMG_1731.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_1729.JPG
    IMG_1729.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 515
  • IMG_1732.JPG
    IMG_1732.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 500
  • IMG_1733.JPG
    IMG_1733.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 491
Upvote 0

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Another long day.....and I thought I'd hit the big one!!

The ecstacy and the agony all in one find!
And you're right, as heavy and bulky as that thing is the person should have known it fell off and then could have picked it up, saving you the near heart failure of the whole dang deal! Guess that's the way it goes in this hobby, but no doubt there are gold necklaces lost in your area just waiting for you to find them!

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000

Holy cow, that is one honkin cross! Cool find even if it isnt "The One".

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE

That would have been major BLING BLING. Who ever owned it may not have lost it, they just found out it was imotation bling and tossed it.

AirForce1 (Ret.)

Apr 9, 2007
La Luz, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Better be careful out there now, some PO'd little gangsta tot is looking for the sucka' that looted his bling bling LOL ;D

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

AirForce1 said:
Better be careful out there now, some PO'd little gangsta tot is looking for the sucka' that looted his bling bling LOL ;D

That was my thought too! I quickly got outta there! Not a real pleasant neighborhood but had to stop anyway! Gosh.....I think I hate my addiction! ::)

HH,
Moon

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX

I would say the chain is pretty much "crape" but I'm not sure about the cross. It didn't corrode at all. Are you sure there is no mark anywhere on the cross? Are you sure the stones are fake? I'm not convinced.

Maybe you'll get to pee your pants yet. :D

Daryl

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Geesh Moon...I didn't know they made them that big....Still a beautiful find,Congrat's and HH!!

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250

lol moon... I guess you are obsessed with tot lots...that is one huge cross..nice finds..

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

LOL...that is a monster! Great find, real or not! :) Kudos for getting out there and making it happen. Almost every school in my area is locked too... :'(

HH!
TBGO

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500

gates21 said:
Mr T just called, he wants his necklace back...

Ha-ha!!
Great find Moon.
It sure looks real.
T.J.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Moon,

I have to agree with what Daryl states. What does the mark on the back read?

;) RR

BioProfessor said:
I would say the chain is pretty much "crape" but I'm not sure about the cross. It didn't corrode at all. Are you sure there is no mark anywhere on the cross? Are you sure the stones are fake? I'm not convinced.

Maybe you'll get to pee your pants yet. :D

Daryl

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's still a neat find buddy. Maybe the same person lost that necklace..lost that clad filled purse I found ;D

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Thanks for your replies! That huge necklace hadn't been on the ground a long time. No matter how hard I want it to be real, it sooooooo fake! It was exciting to find it though!

Until next time.................
Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread