diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this "coin" a few years back and its been collecting dust ever since.It was found on the beach. It has been modified to a charm for a necklace(I guess).There is a small hole drilled above the eagles' head.This "coin" has been meticulously drilled out with precision,as it appears the eagle is almost floating in the center of the coin.This picture is the reverse of the coin.on the obverse I can make out a date of 1947 or it could be 1943,I can only read the top half of the numbers.On the outer rim along the edge of the coin these letters appear:GEMEFNNUTZ SEHT VOR EISENNUTZ.Some of these letters may be incorrect as it is hard to read,even with a loop.My question is,do these letters appear naturally on these coins ,or did whomever drilled it out inscribe them?ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS?

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Buckram I knew if anybody knew anything that it would probably be you.Also ,upon closer examination,your right again about the 1847-1934.Thanks again,HH

Upvote 0

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides the bullsh*t in which it stands for, that thing is cool looking.

Keep a heads up or a "Deaths Head Ring", for if your lucky enough to find an original you got some decent $$$ on your hands.

Upvote 0

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
if found on the beach I would cliam that it came from a dead nazi submariner. Until they prove you different. Could also be jewelry from bikers at a beach party. ss

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread