Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone recognize the green thing in the first photo? I found it near a mid-late 1800s steam saw mill (maybe) and a homesite.
IMG_3749.JPG IMG_3751.JPG IMG_3750.JPG IMG_3747.JPG
The last photo is for scale, the coin near the top right was a wheat penny. Any thoughts?

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm a tad late to the I.D. party, because I would have to agree with Max! :occasion14:

Interesting finds though Noah, looks like you’re on an old homesite.
My first thought, was the “green thing is toward the bottom of the picture” looks to be a handle from an early tractor or possibly a plow. :icon_scratch:
The piece with the leather still attached to it looks like part of a civilian sash buckle.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Noah_D

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a tad late to the I.D. party, because I would have to agree with Max! :occasion14:

Interesting finds though Noah, looks like you’re on an old homesite.
My first thought, was the “green thing is toward the bottom of the picture” looks to be a handle from an early tractor or possibly a plow. :icon_scratch:
The piece with the leather still attached to it looks like part of a civilian sash buckle.
Thanks Antiquarian, I've never found a sash buckle like that before... I'm guessing it's not too old?

Upvote 0

Spats

May 8, 2015
Central Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Antiquarian, I've never found a sash buckle like that before... I'm guessing it's not too old?

That buckle looks like a real keeper! And when I say keeper, I mean a keeper to a sword belt plate with piece of sword belt attached.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread