Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the time of year when I do one final search of the swimming area before it gets too cold. It is always a roll of the dice as to whether there will be any good finds. You always wonder if there have been any contributions since you were here last or if anyone else has been here. If it has been detected, how good a job did they do and is there anything left for me to find. I was hopeful, but not expecting a lot.

I spent 6 hours covering one of the 3 swimming areas in this park with the ATPro. It has been about a month since I was here last. I got lucky and found 3 coins with a face value of $0.12, 3 selfie stick retainers, a big fishhook (glad to get this out of the shallow water in the swimming area), various pieces of cheap jewelry, fishing sinkers, a swivel, a bellybutton stud, 3 earrings, 2.5 rings, a tab and as always with the ATPRO foil.

F9F9D951-0108-4FFE-B55B-49E292884310.jpeg

The best finds were a nice little 10k earring (marked 417), a silver stud earring with a round cz, a fancy stainless steel ring with czs, and a copper toe ring. Gold and silver are good even though they are small so this hunt was a good one.

95E3AF44-78D7-4708-83D6-92A4D297FD6D.jpeg

The next day I went to the second swimming area and found 12 coins with a face value of $0.63, a four wheeler, tabs, a selfie stick retainer, a bullet, earring backs, sinkers, a fishing lure (glad to get that out of the sand in the swimming area), a cheapie ring, junky earrings, a silver earring back, 2 silver earrings and of course foil.

687C599B-BEF3-4FB8-A51F-03AF84C3C626.jpeg

When I spotted the earring back it looked like gold and I thought oh boy another gold, but it is marked 925 so only silver. The stud earring has a bunch of czs and looks nice. The hoop has been in the water for a while with heavy tarnish. More silver even though it is all small. Some times I wonder why I keep searching for hours at a time to just get a few coins and tiny little golds and silvers. I guess it’s the idea that the next signal could be a big gold ring or a nice heavy gold chain that keeps me coming back even though it is not likely that the big stuff will be there. You never know so you keep on trying and hoping for the best.

EAF265D3-0AAA-417D-804A-BC4C22DC3F0A.jpeg

I spent one more day in the second swimming area with 5 hours of swingin the ATPro in the water and a little time on the beach. I found 17 coins with a face value of $1.77, a toy car, a decorative stud, 2 sinkers, a watch buckle, 2 tabs, 2 cheapie earrings, an earring back, a Super Mario coin, a silver earring and of course aluminum foil.

098C3A02-12BC-4B83-991F-6A157A5E4275.jpeg

The silver earring is gold colored so I presume it is gold plated like the earring back I found the day before. They were about 20 feet apart so it is possible they were lost by the same person. They go together anyway and the earring looks like one I found several weeks ago so I might have a pair to give to one of the grandkids.

057273DD-A5CA-4232-B93D-8229A93D29E7.jpeg

My precious metal totals since May 1st are 94 silver and 21 gold, a real good start to the year. No big wonderful finds, but the jewelry pile is bigger, I got a little gas money, had a good time in the fresh air and the swimming areas are cleaner. There is one more swimming area in this park. This area has not produced a lot lately. I may just do the beach and see if I do any good and if I do a will hit the water as well.

Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 20

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the time of year when I do one final search of the swimming area before it gets too cold. It is always a roll of the dice as to whether there will be any good finds. You always wonder if there have been any contributions since you were here last or if anyone else has been here. If it has been detected, how good a job did they do and is there anything left for me to find. I was hopeful, but not expecting a lot.

I spent 6 hours covering one of the 3 swimming areas in this park with the ATPro. It has been about a month since I was here last. I got lucky and found 3 coins with a face value of $0.12, 3 selfie stick retainers, a big fishhook (glad to get this out of the shallow water in the swimming area), various pieces of cheap jewelry, fishing sinkers, a swivel, a bellybutton stud, 3 earrings, 2.5 rings, a tab and as always with the ATPRO foil.

View attachment 1984134

The best finds were a nice little 10k earring (marked 417), a silver stud earring with a round cz, a fancy stainless steel ring with czs, and a copper toe ring. Gold and silver are good even though they are small so this hunt was a good one.

View attachment 1984135

The next day I went to the second swimming area and found 12 coins with a face value of $0.63, a four wheeler, tabs, a selfie stick retainer, a bullet, earring backs, sinkers, a fishing lure (glad to get that out of the sand in the swimming area), a cheapie ring, junky earrings, a silver earring back, 2 silver earrings and of course foil.

View attachment 1984136

When I spotted the earring back it looked like gold and I thought oh boy another gold, but it is marked 925 so only silver. The stud earring has a bunch of czs and looks nice. The hoop has been in the water for a while with heavy tarnish. More silver even though it is all small. Some times I wonder why I keep searching for hours at a time to just get a few coins and tiny little golds and silvers. I guess it’s the idea that the next signal could be a big gold ring or a nice heavy gold chain that keeps me coming back even though it is not likely that the big stuff will be there. You never know so you keep on trying and hoping for the best.

View attachment 1984137

I spent one more day in the second swimming area with 5 hours of swingin the ATPro in the water and a little time on the beach. I found 17 coins with a face value of $1.77, a toy car, a decorative stud, 2 sinkers, a watch buckle, 2 tabs, 2 cheapie earrings, an earring back, a Super Mario coin, a silver earring and of course aluminum foil.

View attachment 1984138

The silver earring is gold colored so I presume it is gold plated like the earring back I found the day before. They were about 20 feet apart so it is possible they were lost by the same person. They go together anyway and the earring looks like one I found several weeks ago so I might have a pair to give to one of the grandkids.

View attachment 1984139

My precious metal totals since May 1st are 94 silver and 21 gold, a real good start to the year. No big wonderful finds, but the jewelry pile is bigger, I got a little gas money, had a good time in the fresh air and the swimming areas are cleaner. There is one more swimming area in this park. This area has not produced a lot lately. I may just do the beach and see if I do any good and if I do a will hit the water as well.

Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a pretty good haul. You're right though, gotta keep looking because you never know when or where that big gold is going to pop. Congrats!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're certainly on your game.
Congrats on the latest haul. 👏

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You find so much stuff, where do you store it all after you get it home?
Gary I have a big basement and I recycle a lot of stuff and only keep the better finds. Thanks, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread