Metal Detecting
Upvote 3

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to laugh when I read that. 3 days ago mowing i hear a "Bang!"
Im thinking "oh you gotta be kidding me" we got a new mower weeks ago and I thought something was gone on it. I looked at it, still running ok, then where I'd mowed. Was a rat/bird shot 22 shell that must have been there for years and the mower set off "bang". 😆
Thank goodness, its a $500 dollar Aus mower!
View attachment 2015659
Glad your ok

Upvote 3

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any rimfire cartridge,set off in an open atmosphere will not harm anyone or any thing beyond a inch or two.The bang is much worse than the bite,as in scare the pee out of you.
When i was much younger I took some 22 shells to a cement block on my grandpas farm. I was hammering the shells and making them explode UNTILL a piece of brass Exploded and logged into my finger. I wound up pulling it out with a pair of plairs. I never did that AGAIN and this is THE FIRST TIME i EVER told ANYONE !!!

Last edited:
Upvote 3

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i was much younger I took some 22 shells to a cement block on my grandpas farm. I was hammering the shells and making them explode UNTILL a piece of brass Expl;oded and loged into my finger. I would up pulling it out with a pair of plairs. I never did that AGAIN and this is THE FIRST TIME i EVER told ANYONE !!!
Noting to be embarrassed about.Most of us have done something similar.

Upvote 3

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i was much younger I took some 22 shells to a cement block on my grandpas farm. I was hammering the shells and making them explode UNTILL a piece of brass Exploded and logged into my finger. I wound up pulling it out with a pair of plairs. I never did that AGAIN and this is THE FIRST TIME i EVER told ANYONE !!!
I used to put 22's on the cement and smack them with a hammer. I'm glad I'm not the only one and just to think we made it to our ripe old ages. LOL

Upvote 6

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
I was stupid enough that when my family was out and just me home I did, at 13 yrs old, tests. Got my single shot 22 and would see how many books it would shoot through. I was an utter idiot, some may say I still am 😒
I shot a hole through the floor of my wardrobe floor. I attempted to cover and fill it with putty from my dads shed. Needless to say I was caught out and had it taken away for several months till I learnt my lesson. I was an idiot kid, ill admit it ☹️

Upvote 4

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was stupid enough that when my family was out and just me home I did, at 13 yrs old, tests. Got my single shot 22 and would see how many books it would shoot through. I was an utter idiot, some may say I still am 😒
I shot a hole through the floor of my wardrobe floor. I attempted to cover and fill it with putty from my dads shed. Needless to say I was caught out and had it taken away for several months till I learnt my lesson. I was an idiot kid, ill admit it ☹️
I think a lot of us do CRAZY things as kids. I am sure some kids did not make it through because of what they did and for that I am very very sorry !

Last edited:
Upvote 4

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to put 22's on the cement and smack them with a hammer. I'm glad I'm not the only one and just to think we made it to our ripe old ages. LOL
I know the EXACT SAME REACTIONS LOL Glad i smartened up a little !!1

Upvote 3

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a cleanout plug along with a scrap of the drain trap it goes to. I've seen lots of them when tearing down old houses. Typical of the type of brass stuff that was used when lead plumbing was phased out
Yeah in my post I showed one that Whadifind found I linked his post.

Upvote 2
OP
OP
njrelicgairl

njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master and Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad your ok.

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread