Antiquity Reclaimed

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another artifact scammer online. Under the name "Antiquity Reclaimed". It is a very well done website with very nice looking artifacts for sale. The site goes into great detail on how they are legally acquired by power sifting construction sites, etc.
A good friend of mine who is now slightly handicapped collects artifacts & was excited by the site and sent me the link. There are some pretty impressive points for sale but they all kind of start looking like the same knapper is making them & too much exotic material. I told him about my reservations. He bought 2 points and immediately sent them to Jim Bennet. A couple weeks later Mr. Bennett killed them both as fakes with artificial patina applied to them. The site has ignored his request for a refund. Sad what is happening to our hobby.

Upvote 21

Relicgrubber

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2018
Deep East Texas
Detector(s) used
O.G. XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never buy any artifacts without a 14 day minimum return policy and I have returned many. Finding authentic artifacts for sale on eBay is like finding a whole point.
20 brokes for every 1 whole.
I just looked at the site and you are correct Nman. Nothing but fakes, all of them.

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to the bottom, click contact us. Check the background points. How do they look?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just looked at the Hudson Bay stuff.
I did notice they don't say "Authentic" (fakes)
Selling them on ESTY also-reversed the company name.
The turtle is a winner. :tongue3:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a sad thing that it happens, the scammers. A young friend of mine ordered a 1 ounce round, walking liberty. Looks nice, sticks to a magnet nice as well. He bought it on E-Bay I think. Currently, it is stuck to a magnet displayed on a refrigerator in my garage. I have 0 sympathy for anyone caught scamming anyone, for anything.

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
i agree that Antiquity Reclaimed appears to be selling reproductions to unsuspecting buyers.

Unfortunately, there are many unscrupulous people out in the world making money by scamming others out of their money.

It's a buyer beware world, not just on the internet but at any sales venue.

At a high level, A denial of service is a method of knocking a site off the network by overloading the server in incoming packet request. A distributed denial of service uses a botnet network to perform the attack using unsuspecting user's machines to perform the attack. This Ddos make it harder to locate the source of the attacker. The botnet machines are often virus infected machines.

Lone Star

Jan 6, 2010
North of the Balcones Escarpment
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's disturbing for sure. It's happened to me as well.
In the 80's I bought a fair amount on ebay. I was careful and bought with care. Fortunately all of those turned out to be prehistoric.
The modern reproduction quality has taken giant leaps since then with all the knowledge they had to work with. They get better and better. In the last year or two I was duped myself twice, And those lessons don't come cheap.

The other thing that disturbs me is the similarity to my own trade name and a few other facebook pages. I go to great lengths to promote transparency and integrity, and having a perceived con company with a similar name doesn't make me feel well. I do not have a website though.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As we get older our memories aren't always to be trusted (certainly not mine). eBay wasn't around in the '80s. I'm sure you meant '90s, but you're point is taken just the same.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions