Antiquity Reclaimed

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another artifact scammer online. Under the name "Antiquity Reclaimed". It is a very well done website with very nice looking artifacts for sale. The site goes into great detail on how they are legally acquired by power sifting construction sites, etc.
A good friend of mine who is now slightly handicapped collects artifacts & was excited by the site and sent me the link. There are some pretty impressive points for sale but they all kind of start looking like the same knapper is making them & too much exotic material. I told him about my reservations. He bought 2 points and immediately sent them to Jim Bennet. A couple weeks later Mr. Bennett killed them both as fakes with artificial patina applied to them. The site has ignored his request for a refund. Sad what is happening to our hobby.

Upvote 21

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That site "Antiquity Reclaimed" is hilarious. You should see their Hudson Bay trade artifacts. They say nice patina !

Someone should get them for false advertising.

Shame to see people getting ripped off with fake artifacts

Good news is that this post is right under their website.

Last edited:
OP
OP
newnan man

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How many Hudson Bay artifacts can there be? Seems like that stuff would be much rarer than Spanish stuff from the 1715 fleet.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
HBC tokens are not all that rare, they have a real cool history. "Made Beaver" tokens were the "money" of the Canadian frontier and aluminum tokens were used until the 1940's to familiar artic folk with the idea of currency.

1670380169845.jpeg
1670380218926.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread