pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I will travel to Lehigh Valley area next October. Any who could provide advices and guidence for prospecting over there.

Which arrascaré permites?

Any law that Should be in consideration?

Thanks in advance

😎
Did you dig the silver?

diggerdeeper

Nov 16, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & 'Nox 800, XP Deus, Nokta Fors/Cor
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know of any valuable minerals in Lehigh County. But if there are, I'm sure it's minimal.
AFAIK, natural gold is scarce in PA . Some has been found in southern Lancaster County and some in York County streams. The old Cornwall Iron mine in Lebanon county was said to have produced gold over the years, and some say the workers were paid with it. That's open to question though. In any event, the mine is private and filled with water .
Not sure if the spoils banks could be checked or not. Again, they're on private property.
There's the Pequea Silver Mine tourist attraction in Lancaster County, I suppose enough silver was found years ago to make it profitable to mine it. But it's not been active for many years.
PA has state game lands or public hunting lands. These are generally off limits to searching for and removing any historic or geologic specimens. If caught, fines could be considerable and equipment confiscated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jorgeke

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
I don't know of any valuable minerals in Lehigh County. But if there are, I'm sure it's minimal.
AFAIK, natural gold is scarce in PA . Some has been found in southern Lancaster County and some in York County streams. The old Cornwall Iron mine in Lebanon county was said to have produced gold over the years, and some say the workers were paid with it. That's open to question though. In any event, the mine is private and filled with water .
Not sure if the spoils banks could be checked or not. Again, they're on private property.
There's the Pequea Silver Mine tourist attraction in Lancaster County, I suppose enough silver was found years ago to make it profitable to mine it. But it's not been active for many years.
PA has state game lands or public hunting lands. These are generally off limits to searching for and removing any historic or geologic specimens. If caught, fines could be considerable and equipment confiscated.
Thanks

I just looking for old coins

Any area could be perimted to search?

OP
OP
Jorgeke

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
I will travel to Lehigh Valley area next October. Any who could provide advices and guidence for prospecting over there.

Which areas are permited to search?

Thanks in advance

😎
Thanks

I just looking for old coins

Any area could be perimted to search?

OP
OP
Jorgeke

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021

Thanks in advance

😎
Any?

OP
OP
Jorgeke

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021

Thanks in advance

😎
Someone that can provide information or drive me to any place in the area?

OP
OP
Jorgeke

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021

Thanks in advance

😎
?? Any hehe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread