davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so what happens to the rest of the folks holding worthless bitcoin? Do they get to lose all they put in while the Chinese whoevers get a big pile of monopoly money?

on another item, GoodGuy, I was looking at that Helium mining gig and it seems there are no mines open in North America,they're all taken.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so what happens to the rest of the folks holding worthless bitcoin? Do they get to lose all they put in while the Chinese whoevers get a big pile of monopoly money?

on another item, GoodGuy, I was looking at that Helium mining gig and it seems there are no mines open in North America,they're all taken.

No Way, while you do have to reserve your spot there are plenty of locations left. I have a tracker that shows all the taken spots in your area as well as all available and it will also let you reserve your location while waiting for your hotspot to arrive. It is the miners/hotspots themselves not the locations that are in short supply due to the explosion in demand for them.

If you Pm me I can walk you through it online if you're interested.

GG~

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Amigos

I suppose I am just a old dinosaur?

I could never get my head around this alleged blockchain technology such as Bit coin and a host of other copycat versions of bit coin. To me it all looks like a updated 21st century pyramid scheme to me. While those who got in early will make money but those underneath to make money needs more and more people to invest in bitcoin to maintain and increase its value.

I fear an old cobbler should stick to what he knows...I have a diverse portfolio of property, Shares in banking mining, commodities various business, gold and silver. Physical assets I can touch not some thing can disappear by the whims of demand inflating bubble.

At least I can make things out of gold and silver.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Crow

Attachments

• xxl.jpg
    xxl.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 68
  • silver bars 17.JPG
    silver bars 17.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 67

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cryptocurrency is not legal tender and is not backed by the government.

Cryptocurrency, (including but not limited to tokens such as bitcoin, litecoin and ethereum, and stablecoins such as USDC), is not subject to Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (“FDIC”) or Securities Investor Protection Corporation protections.

With the strokes of any keyboard... at anytime... anywhere in the world... by any one of the millions of the unscrupulous hackers just waiting for you to slip.

your "investment" could be gone in an instant... and you will certainly have ZERO recourse at best in recouping.

With that said...

Invest away...

just dont invest anything you are not willing to loose in a millisecond of anonymity.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cryptocurrency is not legal tender and is not backed by the government.

Cryptocurrency, (including but not limited to tokens such as bitcoin, litecoin and ethereum, and stablecoins such as USDC), is not subject to Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (“FDIC”) or Securities Investor Protection Corporation protections.

With the strokes of any keyboard... at anytime... anywhere in the world... by any one of the millions of the unscrupulous hackers just waiting for you to slip.

your "investment" could be gone in an instant... and you will certainly have ZERO recourse at best in recouping.

With that said...

Invest away...

just dont invest anything you are not willing to loose in a millisecond of anonymity.

Hola amigo well said I could not have said it better myself.

Kanacki

AriGreer

Jun 2, 2023
I know it's been a couple of years since this thread started, but let me tell you, the world of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies is still buzzing with excitement! So, if you're wondering whether it's a legitimate opportunity or just for suckers, let me assure you, it's a real deal.

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Until they are regulated by the governement, cryptocurrencies are just a techbro ponzi scheme. I would never invest in anything where an Elon Musk tweet could cause me to lose all my money.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the real deal? Seriously? Bitcoin has gone from 68k to 27k in the last year or so. Sucker bet, in my opinion. Does anyone really know how the price is determined and who determines it? I've seen it go up 1k in an hour and watched it tank 2k in the blink of an eye.

Sorry, but it's not a safe investment, not an actual currency and backed by no one and nothing.

EKG

Mar 19, 2017
From Germany but in South America at the moment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look is this investment for suckers, or is it legitimate opportunity. Money of the future or is this monopoly currency. The process lengthy, buy a wallet, anyhow I?m a dummy here. Anyone care to share there opinions let i5 rip, I want to learn.
Recommendation buy silver, gold and land

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the real deal? Seriously? Bitcoin has gone from 68k to 27k in the last year or so. Sucker bet, in my opinion. Does anyone really know how the price is determined and who determines it? I've seen it go up 1k in an hour and watched it tank 2k in the blink of an eye.

Sorry, but it's not a safe investment, not an actual currency and backed by no one and nothing.
A lot of those so called youtube experts lost their A$$ holding onto cyrpto(S). I wonder how some of them are doing with the mining of cyrpto, I'm thinking they are not getting their investment back.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I don’t believe in wasting money on Magic Beans. I’m quite conservative financially. I’d rather buy a gun, a piece of jewelry, ingots, a new detector, etc. They all have definite value and will maintain it for longer that few months. However, I encourage anyone over the age of 18 to buy all the crypto their hearts desire. I have learned from my mistakes; you can too. Sadder but wiser.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only dummies are the people who think crypto is a real currency. It's just a trade, no more and no less. Did you know that over 2,000 cryptos have gone belly up in the past? That's billions of dollars that investors lost forever.

I used to trade it through Paypal years ago, but the fees were eating up any profit I made buying and selling it. You can make money trading it, but you can also lose it all in a blink of an eye.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just came across your post and wanted to say that you're not alone in feeling like a dummy when it comes to Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Though it can be quite risky, it's actually a pretty exciting opportunity for increasing your income.
that would depend on how long you keep it. the fees out weigh the amount you can make in profit. I did quit a bit of day trading years ago, my trades lasted from minutes to hours, I traded Forex and Futures, it might have cost a dollar to make or loose $1k, to do the same with crypto it is nearly impossible.$3 to $5 bucks to get in, $3- $5 bucks to get out for a $10 - $20 profit or loss. If you stay in for 6 months hopping to make a profit, and you are on the wrong side, because most of these bitcoin brokers do not have stops, you can very easy loose everything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread