Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A lot of us would like to know where the money is. One boy found money, but not all of it. He gave it to the FBI.
With the exception of that money the boy found, none of the other bills have ever turned up

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
whatever theory one may hold, it must account for the cash the boy found - and why no more
and apparently the man was seen no more

I have jumped a bit and would never want to alight in trees in the daytime, let alone at night
hanging in the trees with something broken ?

OP
OP
Al D

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
whatever theory one may hold, it must account for the cash the boy found - and why no more
and apparently the man was seen no more

I have jumped a bit and would never want to alight in trees in the daytime, let alone at night
hanging in the trees with something broken ?
Exactly why I think Cooper never left the plane

OP
OP
Al D

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
so he hid in the restroom ?
I think he hid in a crawl space near the rear door.
with the door down, the pilots would not ascend higher so there was no fear of a lack of oxygen. He bounced on the stair and tossed two of the parachutes out, one with a small bundle of money, hoping it would be found and they would search the forest for him.
Then after the plane landed, he just waited till the coast was clear and climbed out and walked away.

OP
OP
Al D

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have flown on these planes.
Do you have a drawing showing the crawl space and access panel ?
What fasteners on the panel ? Operable from the inside ?

next
No, I have not gotten that deep into it, it is just an idea at this point, an intriguing one.
I find it interesting that Cooper would trust any of the chutes provided for him as operational or even rigged with a transmitter, and as you know, jumping at night over to unfamiliar territory, seems like a folly to me.

OP
OP
Al D

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
662D9684-351D-483E-A9D3-8176FD7B9AFB.png This is the best drawing I can get off the web, but it looks like there could be enough space for someone to hide, access is another point however, as you indicated.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of us would like to know where the money is. One boy found money, but not all of it. He gave it to the FBI.
Just a exciting topic..I have heard that people now go up in that type of jet with the back door and jump out just for fun ..

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a theory but would like to read yours
did D. B. Cooper, AKA Dan Cooper, pull off the perfect heist? Did he survive the jump? Did he even exist? And where is the money?
Nice post I don’t know what the outcome was but he had to know what he was capable of.
People today actually try to make jumps from the same type of rear door jets

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a special on this a few years ago. Here's the guy they believed to be D.B. He has since passed away and he never admitted to the theft.

However, one documentary filmmaker believes they may know the man behind the alias. In 2016, documentarian Thomas Colbert released a film claiming that the man known only as D.B. Cooper was really an Ohio native named Robert Rackstraw, according to Decider. According to Colbert, Cooper not only survived the fall, he went on to live a long, colorful life, racking up a lengthy criminal record along the way and eventually settling in San Diego, California.

Read More: https://www.grunge.com/480197/the-d-b-cooper-theory-that-would-change-everything/?utm_campaign=clip

1644767913477.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions