Any help appreciated

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I'm waiting for the snow to melt, and my back ordered Legend to arrive. The Simplex wasn't bad to figure out, as I'm rather simple at times, or so the warden says anyway, lol. But the Legend looks like it requires a few more active brain cells to tweak. If any of you kind souls could list some of your personal program set ups/ local soil or water conditions, it would help a lot. Then I could just tweak it from that point. Thanks for any input.

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would set it up like one of your favorite modes on your present detectors. For Park, I like 4 tones and set the break points where I like them and lowered the frequency of the tones some as I have better hearing at lower tones. I also like to hear iron so I usually keep it in AM with the iron volume reduced a bit. Most of these tweaks I did at home with the manual at hand.
In Field, I just use two tone, all tones or pitch usually with no other changes except AM. If you can't decide which tone set up you like best, make two different versions in profiles and switch between the two and delete the one you don't like or keep them both.

Once you decide how you want it to talk, just listen to it. Setting the tones and notches are the most complicated but once set are easily accessible. After initial setting I haven't changed these on mine at all.

Before I start detecting, I do an automatic frequency shift and ground balance. Sensitivity is self explanatory. The only tweaks I usually use are reactivity and iron filter and then only if they can make a difference on faint targets. Sometimes too, where there is very noisy ground, I might change disc to G to quiet it some or completely disc out iron for some real peace and quiet. I haven't used it in the water so I can't comment there.

This machine can be as complicated or as simple as you want. It is very effective just by turning it on and going detecting.

OP
OP
NWMP

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you sir. I've never even touched my Legend yet. So I am just gathering as much info as possible before arrival, so as not to waste time, plus i'm excited to check this thing out. Between the manual and real world other users experience, I shouldn't be too far off base in my initial set ups. I have gone through the new machine haze a few times, so I'm trying to lower the bell curve. Your info is indeed helpful.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have not seen it already, Quarter Hoarder has a very good video intro to all the settings. Walks you through every button and function. Probably good through V 1.09, and then you go from there.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This machine can be as complicated or as simple as you want. It is very effective just by turning it on and going detecting.
This is very true with the Nokta Legend. VERY VERY good right out of the box. No tweaks are needed to get to learn it.

I tell customers to take it right out of the box and use the factory settings until they learn it. Only adjust the sensitivity. It will amaze you!

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just recently upgraded mine to 11, and I a am doing just what Bart had said. For my detecting anymore, pre-set factory works just fine, and of course you can go as far with it as you might choose.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi. I'm waiting for the snow to melt, and my back ordered Legend to arrive. The Simplex wasn't bad to figure out, as I'm rather simple at times, or so the warden says anyway, lol. But the Legend looks like it requires a few more active brain cells to tweak. If any of you kind souls could list some of your personal program set ups/ local soil or water conditions, it would help a lot. Then I could just tweak it from that point. Thanks for any input.
Modes: "Park" is good for trashy areas, "Field" is for cleaner soil, and you can experiment with "Beach Wet" in non-beach situations because sometimes it really makes coins stand out in high iron and trash.

Recovery Speed: In high iron or trash I run it in 7-8, if the soil is pretty clean I'll run it in 6. If the soil is completely quiet I'll run it in 4-5. In excessively high iron 8-10 is fine because the Legend has a very fast processor so higher recovery will help you pick through iron more effectively.

Tones: I use 60 tones because it gives you more information without having to fiddle with too many tone breaks. The other options require you to have to manage multiple tone breaks in differing soil and targets, whereas in 60 tones you have only one tone break. You only have to decide where you want to set your iron tone break. In high trash with foil, I might set mine at 12-17. Less or no foil I could go down to 9-10.
If you're used to 4 or 6 tones then start where you're comfortable, but always experiment.

Frequency: M1 and M2 are for high conductors and low conductors, but M3 is only good for high conductors. M3 totally misses gold.
The multi-frequencies are a good place to start but they are susceptible to high EMI. You sometimes have to switch to a single freq.

There are many videos to watch on the Legend like Quarter Hoarder, Paystreak Superfreak, Gigmaster, and History Revisited.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NWMP

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is very true with the Nokta Legend. VERY VERY good right out of the box. No tweaks are needed to get to learn it.

I tell customers to take it right out of the box and use the factory settings until they learn it. Only adjust the sensitivity. It will amaze you!
Thanks all. This is sage advice indeed, and marvelous news. But I will still come back and review these replies, once I have some experience. I appreciate all of your efforts.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Download all the upgrades it doesn't come with the updates downloaded. My brother had to download them when he got his.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So...M3 is for high conductors, misses gold, did not know that. Good tip nuggetshooter. Thank you

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So...M3 is for high conductors, misses gold, did not know that. Good tip nuggetshooter. Thank you
Yes, it's more weighted to high conductors than M1. You can't hear a peep out of small gold.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks all. This is sage advice indeed, and marvelous news. But I will still come back and review these replies, once I have some experience. I appreciate all of your efforts.
As a fellow Tejon user, I know you'll do fine.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
NWMP

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My machine came in last week. I'm pumped ! At first I was intimidated...do I have to be a Nasa sattelite programer for this thing ? Then I actually sat down with the manual, the Legend, and eyeballed some videos. What I thought was a pain in the keester turns out to be not that bad really. It's love now ! To follow the metaphor, this machine is ready for Mars! It's a hell of a machine for the cash outlay. Up here in Canada the WHP package is $800.00 That's cheaper than what I paid for my Garrett ATP 8-10 years ago. And look at what we get now, ya, hell of a deal. I almost coughed for a Manticore. But considering how much fun my Simplex, with the smaller coil is, I know that I made a good decision.

OP
OP
NWMP

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a fellow Tejon user, I know you'll do fine.:icon_thumleft:
Thanks buddy. That Tejon is going nowhere. It reaches down to China in that locations sweet soil, and pulls up those 1700's fur trade relics. But I'm into an all rounder multi now. This will be a fun summer !;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread