🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas on age of this?

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this watch fob, but can’t find anything on Google as to how old it is , or if it’s a rare fob. I can make out
Whitehead & Hoag at the bottom barely.
If You have any info on this thank You in advance. Pretty cool piece:)
34BA16BD-A0E7-4E97-94AF-3E30BE55C1A6.jpeg
6354130F-A19A-4389-8ED2-2160CEF3F8E9.jpeg

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whitehead & Hoag was in business from 1892 to about 1959 when the company sold to one of their competitors who used the name until 1964-65. I can't find much information on the paper company. I think your ribbon pin would date to the 40s-50s from the look of it.

Upvote 2
OP
OP
Digger RJ

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whitehead & Hoag was in business from 1892 to about 1959 when the company sold to one of their competitors who used the name until 1964-65. I can't find much information on the paper company. I think your ribbon pin would date to the 40s-50s from the look of it.
The Miami paper co was founded in 1912 and sold in the twenties in which another co took it over. Think it may be a little earlier.

Upvote 1

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Here's some history about the paper mills in the Miami Valley including 'your' mill.
Miami is named for the tribe of the same name that originally lived in the area; ergo, the arrowhead and symbols.
Don....
PS: The Miami Paper company was organized in the fall of the year 1912, the property and business interests of the Friend Paper company passing into the ownership of the new organization. The equipment of the new plant was immediately increased with the best and most modern paper making machinery, and improvements made in every department of the mill, so that, today it ranks in every particular with the most progressive plants for paper making in the United States.
Source: https://www.daytonhistorybooks.com/page/page/3531726.htm

Last edited:
Upvote 2
OP
OP
Digger RJ

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's some history about the paper mills in the Miami Valley including 'your' mill.
Miami is named for the tribe of the same name that originally lived in the area; ergo, the arrowhead and symbols.
Don....
PS: The Miami Paper company was organized in the fall of the year 1912, the property and business interests of the Friend Paper company passing into the ownership of the new organization. The equipment of the new plant was immediately increased with the best and most modern paper making machinery, and improvements made in every department of the mill, so that, today it ranks in every particular with the most progressive plants for paper making in the United States.
Source: https://www.daytonhistorybooks.com/page/page/3531726.htm
Thank You!! So Cool to have the History😁

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread