🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any Ideas on these 'Hearts' or rest of Photo?

Capncrunch

Mar 25, 2020
KCMO Area
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 5000, Fisher F22, Quest X10, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug all of this stuff from a 1900 house yard. It hasn't produced a lot of old coins (although it DID give me a 1859 IHP!), but it has had some really very interesting items.
The main reason for my post is the two 'heart-shaped' pieces, with the holes in them. I thought maybe they were some sort of keys, but now IDK.
As I looked at the rest of the stuff, I thought I would ask if anyone recognized anything else, too. Some objects are obvious (clockwise from top left- lead flashing, a lamp part, muffler part[?], condenser, a weird pull-tab, door striker plate, a little girl's necklace part, a grommet[old?], etc.), but if you know details about any of them, that'd be great, too. I took the photo to Paint and circled the items that I question the most, with the 'heart-shaped ones in yellow). If you recognize any of the other items, I'd love to hear it! The button is huge, and I'd love a clue as to its age and IS that a muffler part above it?
Thanks in advance for any help, you folks are awesome!

Attachments

• 06-08-22 Dena's Hunt- BEST.jpg
    06-08-22 Dena's Hunt- BEST.jpg
    704.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 06-08-22 Dena's Hunt- Mysteries.jpg
    06-08-22 Dena's Hunt- Mysteries.jpg
    631.4 KB · Views: 80

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,ve seen those heart shaped pieces,I,ll try to dredge up the memory.The blue thingie is a common electrolytic capacitor,used in just about any electronic gizmo today.It has a plastic wrapper over a aluminum case with some funky looking stuff inside.Not dangerous. The letters uf stand for microfarad,2200 uf. Farad is a unit of capacitance.

Last edited:
Upvote 2

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The piece to the left of your "muffler" piece appears to part of an exploded piston from a small engine,maybe lawn mower? That would tend to give credence to the muffler piece actually being part of a muffler.My 2 cents any way.

Upvote 1

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The piece in the upper right looks an awful lot like the bottom of a Briggs & Stratton lawn mower engine.If you have one turn it over and you,ll see what I mean.

Upvote 1

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After more careful looking I,m not so sure about my piston guess,it appears to be hollow. Still think that,s the inner part of a muffler.Looks like somebody blew up or otherwise pulverized a small engine.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread