Any Info on Late Treasure Hunter, Timothy Watkins

TheStoryTeller

Greenie
Jan 10, 2022
Hey everyone! I'm looking for information on a man named Timothy Watkins. a former treasure hunter who retired to Ocala, FL, in the late '70s. His wife was named Louise and he was survived by his son, James Robert Watkins. He co-owned a company called Marine Explorations, with Olin Frick, and also owned Haitian Marble Corporation, which was located at 4000 SW 6th Ave. in Ocala. He passed away in 1988.

I really want to know about his time with Marine Explorations and aside from a quick blurb about him in Burt Webber's biography, there isn't much information out there. I am also struggling to make contact witj possible relatives of his. If you have any information, please post here or email me at [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure Salvors, Inc., a Corporation and Armada Researchcorp., a Corporation, Plaintiffs-appellees, v. the Unidentified Wrecked and Abandoned Sailing Vessel, Etc., Defendant,olin Frick, John Gasque, William Riley and the Masters Ofthe Motor Vessels"juniper" & "seaker",defendants-appellants, 640 F.2d 560 (5th Cir. 1981)​

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure Salvors, Inc., a Corporation and Armada Researchcorp., a Corporation, Plaintiffs-appellees, v. the Unidentified Wrecked and Abandoned Sailing Vessel, Etc., Defendant,olin Frick, John Gasque, William Riley and the Masters Ofthe Motor Vessels"juniper" & "seaker",defendants-appellants, 640 F.2d 560 (5th Cir. 1981)​

? ?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's the old clip & Paste from the Google search.
This is the legal part of the lawsuit which names the Defendant Olin Flick

Here's part of that legal document pertaining to the defendant.

"On December 11, 1979, Treasure Salvors also filed a motion for a temporary restraining order claiming that Olin Frick, John Gasque, William Riley and the Masters of the Motor Vessels "Juniper" and "Seaker" were wrongfully interfering with Treasure Salvors' right to possession and salvage of the Atocha by conducting salvage operations within 1500 yards of the point where the second anchor had been recovered."

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the old clip & Paste from the Google search.
This is the legal part of the lawsuit which names the Defendant Olin Flick

Here's part of that legal document pertaining to the defendant.

"On December 11, 1979, Treasure Salvors also filed a motion for a temporary restraining order claiming that Olin Frick, John Gasque, William Riley and the Masters of the Motor Vessels "Juniper" and "Seaker" were wrongfully interfering with Treasure Salvors' right to possession and salvage of the Atocha by conducting salvage operations within 1500 yards of the point where the second anchor had been recovered."
But the OP is not asking about "olin flick".

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
But the OP is not asking about "olin flick".
My post was to clarify why Gare had posted up the legal header.
Olin Flick was the partner-which the OP had referenced.
That's all
Not saying that Timothy Watkins was involved in any way but the ol' saying goes.
"He that liveth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread