Any info on Stephen king the dark tower comics??

bis

Nov 17, 2012
Any info on Stephen king the dark tower comics??

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422897165.510871.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422897191.616741.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422897212.408647.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422897235.427677.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422897419.981316.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422897436.552461.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422897455.944480.jpg

Just missing issue 5 :(

OU812

Nov 19, 2014
If you need Anything related to Stephen King,
There's a book store I visited, and seen Mr.Mrs.Kings house, AMAZING!!! The gate is art it's self !!
But the book store is,
Bettsbooks.com,

This store is Exclusively Stephen King ONLY and,
Stephen King frequents his store and signs certain things and has the very car.... "CHRISTINE" the die cast that was Stephen Kings, on his desk, that's the very car that inspired his book/Movie Signed in safety glass case...

I'm 98% sure it's bettsbooks.com

Hope it helps and if your a big fan of Him lol you might want to use some restraint because....I couldn't believe what was there!!!!

Good luck

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been wanting to read those. Does SK have anything to do with the story for the comics/ graphic novels.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iā€™m a big Stephen King fan (although I donā€™t care much for the Dark Tower series).

Unfortunately, for some reason, the ā€˜click image for larger versionā€™ isnā€™t working for me since the forum server upgrade of yesterday so I canā€™t see exactly what you have here. They do appear to be the ā€˜originalā€™ Marvel Comics releases though, not the later reprints by Gallery 13.

I assume the first image is the sleeve for a boxed set, so these will not be the first printings, which were released individually between 7th February and 1st August 2007. Are you sure these are ā€˜comicsā€™ and not ā€˜paperbacksā€™. Marvel released those as boxed sets on 19th May 2010 (and they measure 6 Ā¾ x 10 inches). You can tell from the ISBN number, which is 0785121455. There were numerous releases and the ISBN number will tell you exactly what editions you have.

You can get some idea of value if you can find your particular print variant here (my internet security shows this to be a clean link) but, from what Iā€™m able to see, these donā€™t have great value and the missing volume of course detracts from the value of a boxed set:

https://www.heroesassemble.com/dark-tower-comics-the-gunslinger-born-241-c.asp

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been wanting to read those. Does SK have anything to do with the story for the comics/ graphic novels.

King was Creative and Executive Director for this project, but the comics (graphic novels if you prefer) were plotted by Robin Furth and scripted by Peter David. They loosely follow the narrative for Kingā€™s original novels.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The forum 'click to enlarge' function is now working again for me, so I can now see that what I thought might be the sleeve for a box set is the preview sketch book published in advance of the first comic on 1st January 2007. Those weren't produced in such large numbers but, even so, they're commonly offered between $3-10, depending on condition.

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iā€™m a big Stephen King fan (although I donā€™t care much for the Dark Tower series).

Unfortunately, for some reason, the ā€˜click image for larger versionā€™ isnā€™t working for me since the forum server upgrade of yesterday so I canā€™t see exactly what you have here. They do appear to be the ā€˜originalā€™ Marvel Comics releases though, not the later reprints by Gallery 13.

I assume the first image is the sleeve for a boxed set, so these will not be the first printings, which were released individually between 7th February and 1st August 2007. Are you sure these are ā€˜comicsā€™ and not ā€˜paperbacksā€™. Marvel released those as boxed sets on 19th May 2010 (and they measure 6 Ā¾ x 10 inches). You can tell from the ISBN number, which is 0785121455. There were numerous releases and the ISBN number will tell you exactly what editions you have.

You can get some idea of value if you can find your particular print variant here (my internet security shows this to be a clean link) but, from what Iā€™m able to see, these donā€™t have great value and the missing volume of course detracts from the value of a boxed set:

https://www.heroesassemble.com/dark-tower-comics-the-gunslinger-born-241-c.asp

I read the 1st Dark Tower book (the Gunslinger) back in the 80s and found it boring. A few years back; I don't know what got into me but decided to re-read it again and follow up with all the other books that followed. I still didn't care much for the 1st but I liked it better than I did when I was younger. I liked all the others that followed but it's definitely not for everyone. The movie that came out was absolutely terrible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread