Any input?

EDaniels

Jun 9, 2018
Broome County NY
Primary Interest:
Other
A buddy found this in his yard about 6-8 ft deep. His wife dropped it and it broke which I won't get into. This was found in the town of Binghamton, Broome co NY. IMG_8677.jpg

Upvote 0

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm no expert, but have hunted some in nearby areas...looks unusual to me for this region.

Relicgrubber

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2018
Deep East Texas
Detector(s) used
O.G. XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it was made by Indians in India, same for the material its made from imo.

Relicgrubber

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2018
Deep East Texas
Detector(s) used
O.G. XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still remember your post Tom on other forums where you made fakes into gravel with your hammer... Good times!

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pretty deep for a modern reproduction. Your friend is definitely not telling the truth. I wouldn't be mad at your wife for dropping it. Tell your friend what happened and see how he reacts.

OP
OP
EDaniels

EDaniels

Jun 9, 2018
Broome County NY
Primary Interest:
Other
So I talked to him and asked what the hell he was digging that deep for? He hadn't dug that deep but had moved about 6 to 8 yards of dirt while stripping ground making an arena for his wife's horse. He claims to have found this like 30 ft from where the other one was. I did tell him I didn't believe the first was authentic.

Attachments

• IMG_7514.jpg
    IMG_7514.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_7515.jpg
    IMG_7515.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 52

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I agree that it is definitely a modern Point, I don't believe it's one from India. The material is wrong for India and so is the flaking and the notches. These are produced in the US I believe and sold in gift shops in every museum and rock shop I've ever been in.

It looks more along the line of these modern pieces with the huge flat flakes or completely flat faces with notches made by a grinder.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    288.4 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    22 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

unclemac