Any MDers in or near Abilene?

jayallday14

Jul 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Excal 1000
Right here, sir. But...I am currently deployed and wont be back till late 09.

mrhinman

Dec 29, 2008
Detector(s) used
BH Quicksilver
jlb783 said:
Thanks in advance
jlb

Just down the street in Brownwood... .planning on being in Abilene Friday for some shopping, etc.

--
Matthew

mrhinman

Dec 29, 2008
Detector(s) used
BH Quicksilver
I wonder if there's a central Texas group somewhere. I'd be interested in finding a group that enjoys both MD and geocaching. I know there's an Abilene geocaching group (GAGA).

--
Matthew
Brownwood, TX

$CUERVOJ

Jul 29, 2007
TEXAS
I like MDing as well. I've been wanting to hook up with JAYALLDAY but we keep missing each other. I am deployed as well. I should be back in June.

mrhinman

Dec 29, 2008
Detector(s) used
BH Quicksilver
I really want to bump this topic back up again. JLB asked about Abilene. I'm in Brownwood, and some are in San Angelo. I'd be curious to see if anyone else is out there in the central Texas area. I'd be willing to travel up to 75 miles or so for a bit of socializing or a team hunt, once my gear is in hand. Might be good for some of us beginners to learn from the masters.

Perhaps we could foster interest in the area and form a group.

--
Matthew
Brownwood, TX

06colorado

Feb 14, 2009
West/Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty HUnter Quick Draw 2
mrhinman said:
I really want to bump this topic back up again. JLB asked about Abilene. I'm in Brownwood, and some are in San Angelo. I'd be curious to see if anyone else is out there in the central Texas area. I'd be willing to travel up to 75 miles or so for a bit of socializing or a team hunt, once my gear is in hand. Might be good for some of us beginners to learn from the masters.

Perhaps we could foster interest in the area and form a group.

I agree. I dont mind goin to Brownwood, have family there, good for a day trip

jayallday14

Jul 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Excal 1000
$CUERVOJ said:
I like MDing as well. I've been wanting to hook up with JAYALLDAY but we keep missing each other. I am deployed as well. I should be back in June.

Hey there....I should be back some time in August. I saved a few dollars over here and plan on getting an E-Trac. Oh and yes, I had to get the bosses permission first!

dirt rider

Greenie
Dec 21, 2007
Texas
I live near sweetwater but lately have not had much time to md i see a guy that lives not to far down the road from me out with his md all the time maybe some weekend we can get a group together to do some searching

glenns

Tenderfoot
Apr 3, 2009
San Angelo,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
for folks in san angelo we have a club call 325-716-9053 for information. We meet once a month and uswually have a couple of hunts a month and usually have a contest or two going

GPAZ

Oct 24, 2006
Roby, Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
I live in Roby. I used to MD all the time when I lived in Germany a couple of years ago, but I have been out of it for a while. I have been trying to get back into it lately.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread