Any metal detecting clubs or groups in central Alabama?

Seuban

Greenie
May 16, 2008
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I'm new to metal detecting and am interesting in finding out if there are any clubs or groups in the Elmore county or Central Alabama area. Also, does anyone know of any interesting sites to hunt in this area? I have no clue where to start and after reading some horror stories about hunting in the wrong places, I want to make sure I am not trespassing or breaking any laws. Any info is greatly appreciated. :icon_sunny:

possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Seuban,

Welcome to TNET! Here's a local link http://wbtha.com

Good luck finding some places to hunt. Elmore county has a lot of history. Just ask people if they know of any good places or if they know of anyone who may know of any good places and try to get permission. If you see a promising place, stop and knock on some doors and do a little research and try to find the owners. I've found lots of information just talking to folks.

If there's anything I can help you with just send me a message.

Happy Hunting,
Ed

creek

Jul 27, 2008
Hi Seuban:

I belong to a metal detecting club called the Central Alabama Artifacts Society. It meets the last Tuesday of each month at Goodwyn Community Center in Montgomery at 7:00 p.m. If interested, e-mail me.

Thanks.

Phillip

hunther

Greenie
Jan 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
I am from Millbrook Alabama and I am seeking a local metal detecting club myself. I am very new to this but I enjoy it more than anything I've ever done. Not only am I looking for a club, I am also looking for someone to explain some of the functions of the metal detector to me so that I can stop digging up so much junk.
Thanks, Sonia

hunther

Greenie
Jan 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Seuban,
I am also from Elmore and looking for a club to join. If you know of one, will you please let me know?
Thanks, Sonia

bamadigtab

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warrior Basin Treasure Hunting Association Birmingham Al. Do a Google search.

wesleybama

Aug 24, 2013
Shelby county
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from Shelby county and would like to find friends who like metal detecting as much as I have

ALgetaway

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2013
Anybody in the Montgomery area still interested in meeting up? I realize this is an old thread. Jim

thecrensh

Oct 7, 2014
Montgomery Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in the Montgomery area, but I'm new to this...wouldn't add much value other than converting O2 to CO2, but I'm game....

Raven826

Oct 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody in the Montgomery area still interested in meeting up? I realize this is an old thread. Jim

Glad to know there are people looking to metal detect in the area. I been thinking about getting into the hobby but unsure of places to detect without the cuffs being slapped on. It's a big investment you know, to not be able to go and use your equipment. It's nearly impossible to find anything about the do's and don'ts with metal detecting in Central Alabama. Until I find out more I'll have to sit on the sidelines. Glad I found this sight to help point me in right direction. Good luck!

Panache

Feb 25, 2013
Wetumpka, AL
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone available during the week? I am in the Wetumpka area but work Sat & Sun.

Docasphalt

Dec 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Central AL Metal Detecting

Hey folks. I just signed up on the site today. My wife and I are interested in getting started treasure hunting including metal detecting, gold prospecting, rock hounding and maybe even diamond hunting. We just ordered a basic entry level detector and some other supplies and are waiting on delivery. Way back when we were both kids we had relatives that were into metal detecting and we both used to tag along with them on their ventures.

We are trying to learn as much as we can and the biggest issue for us is legal - how to avoid doing something wrong and not even knowing it.

We are in Shelby County but can travel around Birmingham and beyond. If anyone would like to give us some tips or discuss getting together, let me know.

In response to the thread question, I know there is a club around Birmingham called the Warrior Basin Treasure Hunters Assoc. But it appears they are more north-central AL and not so much Montgomery. metaldetectingclubs.org and kellycodetectors.com maintain club lists for each state.

NomadRT

Dec 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks! I'm in the Birmingham area (live in Lincoln and work in B'ham) and just got a detector. I had a detector about 10 years ago when I lived in Savannah Georgia, but it was a bit complex for me at the time. I still managed to find a few things with it. This time around I ordered a beginner's machine (Garrett Ace 250) and it should be here on Friday. I'm interested in finding some folks to go detecting with in the area.

wild willie

Oct 25, 2015
opelika al.
Detector(s) used
mx5
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live in Opelika hunt with mx5 would like to meet yoy I'm retired have time. you can casll me at 334-324-9049 My main interest Relic and coin. PLEASE CALL ANYTIME BEFORE 11pm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread