Any news on Tesoro?

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
Tesoro is all I hunt with. I enjoy the light weight simplicity of the machines. I hope they stick around. I own two and have found hundreds of artifacts and coins.

The only problem I have with the Tesoros is which one to buy next! :dontknow: I certainly hope Vince figures out a way to stay in business. But I have no doubt Tesoros will remain available to purchase for a few years to come, and second market repair folks will also emerge.

Have no desire for the digital fizz-bangers. If I get a VDI machine, it will be the Cortez or Deleon. In fact, I wish Tesoro would re-produce a simple meter like on the Toltec.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just get a mail box is full when I call and my email I sent went through so I think we will hear something. I just bought two machines in august a Mojave and tiger shark so I hope they recover .they sell a lot of water machines to overseas market from what I have heard

Rob e miller - Welcome to Tnet!
Thanks for the post of HOPE...!
Tesoro makes good machines, I know...,
as my Cibola is such a sweet stick to swing!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesnt sound good when Tesoro does not respond to dealer's inquiries.

OP
OP
Mojave1

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone on a Facebook group claims he talked to Vince Monday. Said he was working a few people. I don't know.

Cowboysnhats

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2018
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh great, I have a brand new, never used Silver uMax. So much for I lifetime warranty. This is the 1st I've heard.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007

right! difficult to understand that,not responding to the
customer.don't need a degree in economics to know it's something
you just don't do! i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh great, I have a brand new, never used Silver uMax. So much for I lifetime warranty. This is the 1st I've heard.

I'm confident you can get it repaired if you ever need to. Several shops around that work on most metal detectors. Obviously not free of course....

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005

It looks like many dealers online are out of stock. I used to razz on Tesoro about their dated designs, but I sure don't want to see them go out of business. I was always keeping hope alive that they would come out with a machine to compete with the digital machines put out by the other players. It looks like that is never going to happen now. Hopefully one of the the other manufacturers out there can scoop them up and keep them in the game. Minelab has raised the bar regarding reasonably affordable multi-frequency detectors. I hope White's and Garrett take heed and get to work on a new design that can compete at the same price point. The days of $1000-$1500 hobby detectors are coming to an end in my opinion.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Next time you're detecting in all metal, turn the disc up to max, you'll get a couple of more inches of depth out of it.....magic.
ymmv

cammobunker

May 27, 2008
NW Ar-kan-saw
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Mojave, Cibola. Deteknix Pinpointer. Mark I Mod 0 eyeball, too.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A year ago or so I bought a new Mojave that came with a bad out of the box coil. Tesoro had a new coil in my hands in less than a couple of weeks. I hate to think that they are gone for good, but it sure sounds that way to me. I'm really distressed as they are the only detector I've found that really works well for me.

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A year ago or so I bought a new Mojave that came with a bad out of the box coil. Tesoro had a new coil in my hands in less than a couple of weeks. I hate to think that they are gone for good, but it sure sounds that way to me. I'm really distressed as they are the only detector I've found that really works well for me.

Some of us are starting to look at the Bulgarian machines as a logical next step from Tesoro....

HistoryStudent

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of us are starting to look at the Bulgarian machines as a logical next step from Tesoro....
That's exactly what I did. I got a Golden Mask 4wd in early December. I've taken it out four times and I like it. It's not as light or well balanced as a uMax but it's 12 volt and it hits hard on even the smallest targets. Dual tone. Dual frequencies. Wireless headphones. My only complaint is that there are no concentric coils for it.

I would highly recommend it to my fellow Tesoro fans.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That's exactly what I did. I got a Golden Mask 4wd in early December. I've taken it out four times and I like it. It's not as light or well balanced as a uMax but it's 12 volt and it hits hard on even the smallest targets. Dual tone. Dual frequencies. Wireless headphones. My only complaint is that there are no concentric coils for it.

I would highly recommend it to my fellow Tesoro fans.

I opted for the Pirate Black Devil Pro 2 .. I love it! Like I said earlier, it is like the old Shadow X5 on steroids! The only thing I didn't like is that they couldn't ship the rechargeable batteries with it, but they did give me credit for that.

HistoryStudent

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The US market is primed and ready for the Bulgarian companies to set up shop. Right now, it can be tough to find them in the States.

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Deeptech now has 2 u.s. dealers. Pirate had at least one but he quit and opted for the mikron line. Golden mask is interesting to me but deeptech has me super ready. Check out ziggyjinx

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I find it very strange when not even Americans can find out if Tesoro has gone bust or not. I am in Australia and nobody can supply an answer one way or the other.
I just purchased a Mojave from a chap in the States and even he does not know.Looks like I will have to research this myself.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
outrageous purchase! sweet instrument!
i own one! love it for totters,and curbstrips.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their phone mailbox is full, I tried to get in touch with someone there yesterday.
Jon :dontknow: :/

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
if they are NOT answering their phones,obviously that's
not a good thing.may be trying to find a buyer,and striking out!
hate to see them "croak"..been an institution in the industry for a long time.
last i heard,they was open and making repairs to detectors,but no production.
i believe at some point,we will hear from them again,hopefully something will
"pop" by springtime!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions