Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If you'd have an interest in fossils, visit the Karl E. Limper museum in Oxford, O. and inquire as to where are the trilobite deposits in the area. Back in the day, I would find handfuls of whole trilobites in the high river walls. No doubt, someone there could tell you where that area is. Karl E. Limper Geology Museum - For Visitors to Campus
Don.....

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might buy a copy of Thomas Terry's United States Treasure Atlas...for Ohio you need volume 7 and Ky you need volume 4...lots of good leads..however like most published stuff there is usually nothing there...we have lots of technology and have checked out close to 100 sites in Ohio/KY and nothing is there...try to read old newspaper accounts and indian legends they are more likely to be true.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
bblaha

No one is going to hand you a legitimate treasure or cache lead. All those books, mags and maps are based on rumors or gossip.
I know of only a precious few recoveries that were written up. You have to keep your ears open for first hand stories from elderly
folks in you neighborhood that remember the miser who is long gone. Then the hard work begins. Taking care of getting OKs to
get on the property and figuring out where to start. Most caches are either in the house/barn/outbuildings or close to same.

Some libraries have sections where county history books can be found. The personal stories are the goldmines. Course the pros have
already read all of them and may have already capitalized on the info. But that's how you start. Smart THer leave a small footprint
in other words watch what you say and who you say it to.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bblaha,

We are looking at a good place near Loveland,in fact a castle that has a legend..want to go? send me a PM

lesleygalaxy

Aug 23, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Hi Bblaha! I am in Cincinnati too, and I am always looking for new leads. I posted a thread in treasure legends called PLANE CRASH MONTGOMERY OHIO (actualy IN Cincinnati); check it out and tell me what you think. I need all the help i can get in researching! Thanks and welcome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions